Multi-File Torrents not being moved when complete

lotherius

As seen in this thread: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?t=798 ...

Torrents that have more than one file inside them are not being moved to directories on another drive/partition.

It appears that most users report single-file torrents move correctly.. I wouldn't know - all of mine are multi-file.

The .torrent file itself appears to be moved from the partfile directory to the completefile directory, but not the actual contents of the multi-file torrent.

This, I hope, is not by design, as it is very important for me to have a client that can move completed torrents to another drive.

Any idea when a fix for this could be seen?

Could you not just specify a different folder to download to in the first place? Maybe map a drive letter to the folder if it's on a network?

I'm not entirely understanding why you need to move the files once you've finished downloading them, I'd be more in favour of just downloading them to where you want them in the first place?

Yea, There's an issue with how uTorrent currently moves files. It uses a function named MoveTo(), which works on all Windows OS, 9x up to XP, But cannot move between partitions. MoveToEx() Does, But it does not work on Win9x .. So ludde would have to find a solution to that problem i suppose.

Could you not just specify a different folder to download to in the first place? Maybe map a drive letter to the folder if it's on a network?

I'm not entirely understanding why you need to move the files once you've finished downloading them, I'd be more in favour of just downloading them to where you want them in the first place?

The point is not the ultimate destination - it is where the files are while they're *incomplete* vs *complete*... I do not want my 200gig SATA or 320gig RAID being hammered all the time by activity... in fact those drives are off most of the time (power management)... Downloading is done to a dedicated drive, an old, cheap and easy to replace, 40 gig drive.

So... don't question my logic in wanting files moved after completing. I know I can specify a different partition to begin with - that's not the point.

Chaosblade's point is probably the problem - MoveTo() -vs- MoveToEx()... I'm not sure how important Win9x support is at this point, but if it is important, I don't see how a quick OS check couldn't fix the problem...

Archived