Utorrent Speed and Connectivity issues

amalsk

Hey all,

So I recently messed up my uTorrent settings and ever since then, my utorrent download speeds are mostly low and sometimes fluctuates between high and low....it's not stable like it used to be.

Another thing I noticed is that the number of seeds my utorrent connects to are way less, like 20-30 for a torrent that has around 500+ seeds currently, And even if it connects to the said 20, I am not able to get the download speeds(or the upload they does) and basically only a few seeds are connected and downloaded from because of this.

Can someone tell me what might be the cause of the issue and what I must do to get back my old speeds?

Thanks in advance

Amal

On 3/10/2021 at 2:07 AM, PiusX said:

Screenshot of the torrent activity? Without seeing it working this is anybody guess  to what is happening.

Sorry about that, should've done that earlier. Here you go...

Apparently this is around 5-10 minutes after a download begins and connects to just 4-5 seeds, that's it. Earlier it used to connect to around 100+ seeds and get all of their speeds. Not sure what setting I should change?

Thanks in advance. :)

2021-03-13 01_13_16-Utorrent Speed and Connectivity issues - Speed Problems - µTorrent Community For.png

14 hours ago, PiusX said:

Well if you look closer the seeds and peer are more or less "0" that tells me no sharing or uploading those files. And one says Offline that should say it all. Those are more or less dead links now.

Hello bro...if you see the torrent being downloaded, you can see that there is almost 603 seeds and 561 peers, the only is that the client only connects to 3 or 4 seeds and peers, in the above case, 2 seeds and then downloads the torrent in the maximum speed with which the uploaders/seeds seed. Earlier I used to be able to connect to 50-100 seeds and also peers with no issues. What could be causing this issue?

Best guess is ISP throttle at this point since it looks like it's just more then one torrent that it's happening to. Also I don't see from the limited screenshot anything close to 603 seeds and 561 peers? Where are you getting those from?

• 1 month later...

Nothing to do with ISP throttle. The downloading is broken in the last two versions of uTorrent and downloads slow down to a crawl over time quite frequently (across all ISPs).

Stop and then restart utorrent and speeds go right back up for a good long while, only to once again slow down over time.

That's means ISP Throttle, they have software to detect torrent activity and throttle your internet because of that. Also screen cropping will get little help as well. So either full screen so others can see what is going on or help is short to come.

On 4/18/2021 at 7:42 PM, mikegold10 said:

Nothing to do with ISP throttle. The downloading is broken in the last two versions of uTorrent and downloads slow down to a crawl over time quite frequently (across all ISPs).

Stop and then restart utorrent and speeds go right back up for a good long while, only to once again slow down over time.

Which exact build are you using? "over time" - how long would  that be? Like it was mentioned before, something is likely blocking connections (FW, AV, ISP)

A quick test you can try: disable the new BT speed feature (pref->bittorrent->enable-protocol-enhancement )

I might post a reference test-torrent for you later...

• 1 month later...

Archived