torrents stop downloading at 97%, many times.

Vaslovik

I've had this happened to me several times, I spend hours downloading a torrent, and it seems to be coming down well, until it gets to 97%, and then it just stops never to start again, and of course what I have of it is not usable and my time has been wasted. Seems like it's deliberate on someone's part, and just for spite. Is there a way someone can do that just to be nasty? Sure does seem like it.

Yes, well I realize that, however it seems most odd that the very same torrent always downloads at good speed... until I have 97% of it, and it stops, never to start again. This happens every time I try to get it, and it just seems too deliberate and spiteful. My question was is there a way for someone to consistently do this, or could it just be a bug. This particular torrent is not the only one I have seen that with, and others get within seconds of finishing download, and stop dead, leaving the file unusable. As we all know, spite and meanness is not new to the internet, and this seems deliberate to me.

Archived