Help my files are downloading really slow?

snickersrox

That's pretty vague and misleading, Firon.

I think disabling firewalls works just fine. The extent of which you disable them vary from program to program but generally speaking, disabling any firewall will help. Granted, some firewalls can be a real pain in the ass to disable fully, but it's all part of the experience of learning how to fully utilize your software. I personally have had very many different firewall programs installed on my computer and I have never been unable to disable them.

Uninstalling just to run uTorrent is a little ridiculous.

Windows firewall is pathetic and it's not hard to create an exception. If you have another firewall installed then this one should already be off.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Software firewalls replace key DLLs in windows with proprietary versions of their own. Disabling them doesn't mean these black-box DLLs quit being used, only that they cease trying to do firewall functions. The problem is, these DLLs aren't perfectly compatible with how the original DLLs worked. (You can partially blame Microsoft for that, with their obscurity-by-design philosophy...compatibility is made immensely harder.)

Archived