I can't log in to my bittorrent speed wallet

lavski

On 4/25/2021 at 5:05 AM, lavski said:

The problem was formed yesterday, at about 1.00 Moscow time. Stopped logging in to your personal account. what should I do? or is it a mistake for you?

2021-04-25_12-59-45.png

Hello there!

It's a known connectivity issue between the client and Speed. The patch should be shipped soon. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

I have run into the same problem, @techster. How the patch is going to be distributed? 

I can report that deleting the BitTorrent Helper folder does NOT solve the issue anymore. Actually, nothing helps. I have tried resinstalling both utorrent and bittorrent software, I have reset Firewall rules - practically everything. The Oops! is still there.

On 4/25/2021 at 1:05 PM, lavski said:

The problem was formed yesterday, at about 1.00 Moscow time. Stopped logging in to your personal account. what should I do? or is it a mistake for you?

2021-04-25_12-59-45.png

@lavski, I think I have found a temporary solution. When you get this error message, just copy the port number from the URL - it should be a five-digit number between 50 000 and 60 000. 

Then open a new tab and type in: 

http://127.0.0.1:XXXXX/gui/index.html?port=XXXXX 

Paste your copied port number in the place of the XXXXX at both places and hit Enter. It should let you in the Speed wallet. Bookmark this address and don't open Speed through the in-app button in BitTorrent Speed.

Let me know if it has worked for you.

Thanks everyone for the reports.

The case when Speed refuses to connect to remote application is very rare and intermittent. The problem is related to the way how Windows initiates and assigns port numbers to applications. For unknown reasons sometimes Windows tries to allocated an already taken port to Speed thus Speed cannot use it. 

We cannot change those native Windows mechanisms but we are working on improving user experience in our applications to avoid having this issue in the future. The patch should be released later this quarter.

Archived