YK0104

Is it ethical or even possible to kick off certain group of leechers?

Hi y'all, I've been using uTorrent for over a decade now, literally. I've been mostly a leecher, but with BTT I'm now mostly a seeder. I'm still unsure of all the technical things that go on in the background, but I was wondering if:

1) Your thoughts if its eithical/fair to ban a group of peers, targeted by which client they use (automatically, not manually)

2) Is it possible to "fingerprint" peers that are active users of the BTT speed token?

I was very delighted to hear that uTorrent was one of the first to receive BTT token support :) Keep up the good work y'all~

On 5/3/2021 at 1:09 AM, YK0104 said:

Hi y'all, I've been using uTorrent for over a decade now, literally. I've been mostly a leecher, but with BTT I'm now mostly a seeder. I'm still unsure of all the technical things that go on in the background, but I was wondering if:

1) Your thoughts if its eithical/fair to ban a group of peers, targeted by which client they use (automatically, not manually)

2) Is it possible to "fingerprint" peers that are active users of the BTT speed token?

I was very delighted to hear that uTorrent was one of the first to receive BTT token support :) Keep up the good work y'all~

Hello there! We will do our best to answer the questions.

1. We cannot advice you on the subject. It's a personal choice of every community member. BitTorrent is originally based on the idea of voluntary sharing of data. All ethical rules are defined by the decentralized community itself. Briefly, it's purely your decision what behavior to consider appropriate.

2. A unique wallet address is created automatically with the client's first launch. And that address is connected to any torrenting activity seen in the client. There is no visible to public information about those peers but you can see the numbers of BTT-enabled users connected to your client at any time by going to Speed's dashboard.

Hope that helps.