Constantly seeding but almost no rewards

Katranov

Hello. I'm a long time user of uTorrent and I just recently discovered the integration with BTT and Speed and decided to help out the network while also getting some profit for myself. I've been seeding different torrents constantly for the past week and i've only accumulated 900 BTT which is the equivalent of 5 usd meaning it's absolutely nothing. A couple of friends started doing it with me and they've been getting much higher rewards as in 10x/15x higher BTT in the Speed in-app-balance with similar stats or even less seeded data. 

utrorrent stats:

JVLqJaY.png

keep in mind that i've also removed some torrents (accumulating roughly 30/40 GB additional seeded data) to make room and help seed newer or larger torrents

Speed:

TtgffK4.png

Please note, earnings depend on a variety of factors such as the demand for the file and network connection. BitTorrent Speed operates as an open auction where earnings and spending depend on supply/demand balance. In simple words, if seeded content is in high demand and other users are ready to pay for it the earning would be significant. The amount of seeded content itself doesn't define the amount of BTT earned. The same logic is applicable to spendings.

If you want to avoid spending your BTT, you can set up where you can earn BTT but not spend. To do that, simply turn the "Speed Increase" toggle into the "Off" state. Your ability to download won't be impacted, but there will be no increase in speed.

You might see the balance changing within 24 hours after switching the Speed Increase toggle off. This happens because, when you bid on a piece of data, your BTT go to escrow first and stay there until you complete downloading the piece or until 24 hours passed - whichever comes first. If the piece was successfully downloaded, your bid goes to the seeder. If the download was not complete, BTT from escrow will be transferred back to your balance.

For any other question or doubt please do not hesitate to contact us, you can also visit BitTorrent Speed's FAQs for more useful information about BitTorrent Speed.

@techster Honestly the most useless response I've ever recieved but to provide additional information:
Yes I have turned off the feature speed increase using btt. It doesn't matter because sometimes the in app balance is legit lower for absolutely no reason and without anything being spent. I've also seen btt being spent in the graphics while it is turned off.

In regards to your first point (imo very missleading) we've tried sharing torrent files so that is not the case for my issue as I was still getting far lesser rewards than the other person.

Honestly a more credible response would be that you have no clear idea than just plain missleading information

On 5/15/2021 at 8:36 PM, Katranov said:

@techster Honestly the most useless response I've ever recieved but to provide additional information:
Yes I have turned off the feature speed increase using btt. It doesn't matter because sometimes the in app balance is legit lower for absolutely no reason and without anything being spent. I've also seen btt being spent in the graphics while it is turned off.

In regards to your first point (imo very missleading) we've tried sharing torrent files so that is not the case for my issue as I was still getting far lesser rewards than the other person.

Honestly a more credible response would be that you have no clear idea than just plain missleading information

@Katranov is really being rude modern where you come from?

Because in the normal world aggression doesn't earn you much good (pun intended). So, blaming techster that he has responded uselessly is just ridiculous. He has explained many times, and very patiently, to numerous ppl asking the same question. Yes, there are bugs, there are parts of BTT Speed's user interface that are misleading and not very well thought of but that's how all gets better - by evolving. Sometimes Speed Increase really toggles on by itself, other times it is turned off, yet you spend btt when downloading, yes, we know it, techster knows it, the devs know it. This is why they are trying to make it better. 

The fact that your friends have earned more BTT with fewer seeded torrrents is just normal. The fact that you find this unfair means that you haven't actually tried to read how this thing works at all. Just take some time and read the second pinned post here, and probably BTTs Lite paper. It will shed some light. 

Archived