Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YK0104

Regarding the Latest Maintenance Update

The Exchange hasn't been fully enabled yet. Sorry for that.

We ran it shortly over the weekend and now analyze the data before re-launching and re-filling it.

Thanks for the update @techster! Appreciate it, and I'm sure most of us with some level of comprehension of how tricky and difficult it is to pioneer a new protocol appreciates it too... to some degree.  I'm sure you guys are hard at work and it must be stressful to be bombarded with all the posts and complaints. I've dealt with many tech (both crypto and non-crypto) communities in the past (ranging from small 3K member dev communities to full fledged 150K member forums filled with boneheads to legit geniuses), and I want to help you by offering a universal truth: the more informative and specific the updates are, the less questions asked and less people bothering you. Not to mention the immense confidence that will be instilled within the community. 

Example update (this is completely pulled out of my ass, just used as a reference):

Hey guys, we apologize for the prolonged downtime. The exchange hasn't been fully 
enabled yet, but we did do some testing over the weekend. We made some changes to:

1) Point / feature / explanation
2) Point / feature / explanation
3) Point / feature / explanation

We are now analyzing the data, which could take 12 to 24 hours due to the nature 
of the protocol and its occasional delay in actual payments which are caused by 
X, Y, Z. We are looking to fix that in the future as well, but for now we are 
focused on analyzing the preliminary data before re-launching the exchange, 
which takes lots of movements of BTT and can get bit hectic. So before we re-launch, 
we want to be sure of our data analysis so we don't have to go offline again, 
which will cause even more delays. 

I will post an update as soon as we are confident with the data analysis, and 
we will then begin relaunching the exchange service! If it ends up taking longer 
than 24 hours, then please understand that we are doing this to make the entire 
BTT Speed ecosystem a much better experience for you and hopefully it won't take 
longer than another 48-72 hours to re-calibrate X, Y, Z. Team at BTT sincerely 
hopes that you understand, and let's create a much stronger system!

Trust me, it'll help you a LOT with frustrated users and it will instill a LOT more faith in BTT. Vague answers, especially in crypto, are not the way to go. 

Sincerely, 
A nobody that's been a marketing and community consultant for projects like Matic, Chromia, Horizen, MetaHash, Harmony, and several top 50 coins that I can't say due to NDA :) 

On a more serious note, if you do need help with these kinds of things, I'm just a PM away.

Btw, this post is in no way or form to be offensive. I want the BTT Speed ecosystem to grow. It seems as if you are trying to manage the PR aspect of BTT Speed alone, and that can be a daunting task. I hope you take this friendly observation/suggestion and really consider it. Not only for your mental happiness haha, but to calm the anxiousness of the BTT seeders that only want BTT to succeed. That begins with transparency :)

The Reddit community at /r/BTT_Speed is cheering you on!

That is a great response , unfortunately its been about a week and the "REMEDY" is still not happening. I believe if this continues too long , plenty of people will give up on the project and sell what they hodl.

Indeed, more transparency on these serious matters would grow the community and spark interest on BTT Speed. I understand that a proper maintenance requires a proper time frame. But, "until further notice" is not a proper or acceptable time frame.

I get it, there are issues of unballanced earnings, where some people earn in an hour ten times of what other people earn in a month (someone posted somewhere a screenshot showing how he made 250K BTT in an hour, while I seeded for a month to gather 25K BTT)  and some people don't earn  nothing at all.

The problem with these things is, these should've been tested internally and patched before launching the project to the public, not now.

Now it would also be a good time to update that white paper and provide a detailed description about how BTT really works, because I can't imagine anyone willing to spend 250K BTT just to download a portion of something, whatever that might be...unless the guy is a billionaire torrenting for fun or something....

I agree that a little bit more insight on what's going on would be more than great.

However I'm starting to get that bad taste in my mouth. That whole "Analyzing and Fixing It" thing reminds me of the old days. Back then exchanges tended to close their wallets for maintenance when a coin increased it's value rendering deposits or withdrawals even trading of said coin impossible. And Re-Open them after coin value normalize or crash. And right now, to me it looks just about the same thing. I've traced the address from which I get my earnings and it still process transactions, not only that funds are moved each time 1000BTT is reached so whenever I try to move funds, it's not possible because the address from which I must recieve said funds is empty. 

Also it is kind of concerning that In-App Wallet doesn't have an address and therefore can't be checked on and more importantly that means that the funds in there aren't actually yours since you can't reach them from anywhere else than the WebUI, there is no Private Key, no Keyword Mnemonic - nothing. Yes you have blockchain wallet with private key and mnemonic but that wallet doesn't contain your in-app balances, I've tried importing my wallet to another computer. In APP-Balance and all statistics were nullified and now both computers show completely different in-app balance and earnings. That's all folks. I hope everything is understandable and you'll get my point. I also hope that I'm deeply mistaken about the whole thing. 

But those are the facts. Maintenance is going over for almost a month, there isn't any relevant update on the process other than "We are working, should be fixed soon.." and In-App balance can be reached and operated only from the WebUI which means that funds there basically aren't yours - if BTT Project shuts down their backend - you won't be able to reach your IN-APP funds, withdraw or move them in anyway - which isn't the case for the On-Blockchain Wallet - cuz you have the mnemonic and private key - and you can import those funds in TronLink or any other Tron Wallet App/ Extension or whatever.  

There are many strange things, many questions and simply not enough answers given.

On 5/18/2021 at 4:56 PM, Pet.Dinko said:

That is a great response , unfortunately its been about a week and the "REMEDY" is still not happening. I believe if this continues too long , plenty of people will give up on the project and sell what they hodl.

The more seeders that give up, the less competition we have ;) But forreal though, the lack of response is concerning. 

2 hours ago, YK0104 said:

What a fucking mess. Seeing the homepage of this section of the forum is sad.

Yep told you, they should be investigated by institutions for this mess :) 

The Exchange service has been down for several days for maintenance and updates. We are still testing the upgraded version of the Exchange to help our users solve existing transfer issues. Thank you for your patience!

When the Exchange is down, a submitted transaction may stick for a couple of days and then return to the Speed's balance.

it's been 2 weeks, we're losing money!

isn't it possible to do a temporary refill or to have a 1/2 day window to withdraw some cash?

2 hours ago, Anarseo said:

it's been 2 weeks, we're losing money!

isn't it possible to do a temporary refill or to have a 1/2 day window to withdraw some cash?

At this point, considering that only one person is available to answer our questions every Tuesday, I would be surprised if they finish the maintenance before June....

On 5/25/2021 at 7:55 AM, techster said:

The Exchange service has been down for several days for maintenance and updates. We are still testing the upgraded version of the Exchange to help our users solve existing transfer issues. Thank you for your patience!

When the Exchange is down, a submitted transaction may stick for a couple of days and then return to the Speed's balance.

Why are you not giving an actual answer to when this will all be sorted out? We are all waiting for something more than "sorry, and thanks for your patience"

29 minutes ago, Anarseo said:

how is your earnings going in the meantime? 

Shitty, more than 60% lost into nothing Capture.png

I'm down 20%, everything goes a little slower than usual but I'm earning steadily

not being able to withdraw is really annoying!

23 minutes ago, Niko12 said:

for me the production dropped a lot ...

For me, the daily average earning now is about 35-40% of what my minimum average daily earning used to be.

shit, I have 15k to withdraw! I don't understand why can't we have a 12 hour window to grab some

2 minutes ago, Anarseo said:

shit, I have 15k to withdraw! I don't understand why can't we have a 12 hour window to grab some

Because they are doing this on purpose, back in old days everyone use to do that to keep price of theyr coin up. 

As soon as market stabilizes they will be like oh the maintenance is done now thank you for your patience, and to that i say fuck you BTT :)

In the mean time i gonna short the shit of BTT coin :)

2 minutes ago, Anarseo said:

but the price went downhill in the last 15 days!

because the whole market went down (BTC is main player in market) They are trying to not let people sell so it wouldint go down even more :) only those it market are being able to do something with theyr coins

Im gona sell all this shit as soon as they opens exchange fuck BTT forever, these things are inexcusable 

Somehow from the "maintaince" i dont earn sh*t - before i earned like 11k for a week or so .... From 1 month i cant earn even 1k ... this is just sad