uTorren unable to start bug.

LeiZ

I've been using uTorrent quite successfull some days now but after some days of downloading/uploading I had to restart the computer. After that nothing happend when I clicked the uTorrent icon and when I reinstalled the program the autostart after the program worked but when I closed it and tried to start it again nothing happened.

I am using Windows XP, does anyone know why this bug occur and got a solution? Would be really happy, enjoyed the program greatly.

• 1 month later...

Well the problem that occured was that I could not load uTorrent before I deleted settings.dat and settings.dat.old, and nevertheless I couldn't load it after. What I can do is download the standalone program for each time I wanna run it, but it have to be a new one for each time I close the program down.

Ah ok, missed the post about versions. Conserning Antivirus etc I use none, uninstalled all antivirusprogram, Firewalls and Antispyware's. I use a router but got uTorrent's port open,(this should not affect however the program starts or not).

If someone who understands this with appdata could give me a short step to step guide I would really appreciate it, something like it has already been posted but it didn't work out for me.

Archived