Ban peers with certain ratio

jimbobjuggler

I've read a number of the topics concering banning peers for various reasons. This is NOT related to those issues.

I have a torrent for which I have somehow become connected to a bunch of peers, each peer has only 0.6% of the whole torrent (whole torrent is about 8GB). Each peer is uploading as fast as they can to me the same piece of file. Each time the piece completes it has a hash error. The piece starts uploading again. The piece in question is part of a file included in the torrent so I thought that if I stop that file (set to "don't download") that would stop the piece. It doesn't, the piece continues to be uploaded to me. After a certain amount of time utorrent bans the IP of one of these peers, but then another one appears in my peers list.

This is completely swamping my connection and pretty much stopping me from downloading anything else in the torrent or any other torrents.

Is there any way around this? What I would like to do is set the torrent to only allow connections from peers with more than the 0.6% that these 'swampy' peers have.

Fake as in the contents are not what you might expect, and might be junk data released by anti-piracy agencies. Or even if it were real, it might just be poisoned by those very agencies. If you repeatedly get hashfails, and you're using a D-Link router, disable DMZ. Otherwise, it's most likely a fake/poisoned torrent.

Archived