Can't download uTorrent

MarnelKelis

It used to work fine. But recently my Windows defender blocked the program and tried to prevent me from using it at all. So I attempted to uninstall the program and reinstall it. But nothing. I had to go into my Windows Security center and exclude the program just so I could open the installer file. But now when I open it to begin installation all I see is a little window that says it's extracting and then nothing. No downloaded pops up. But in my task manager it shows the downloader running in  tutuapp the background. If I were to try to install it again it would tell me it's already downloading. So I have to manually force them to stop before I ca appvalley n click install again. But the same thing happens. Nothing pops up on my computer showing me it is installing or anything.

What's going on?

I've seen where Windows Firewall does pop message asking to permit the program usage. Did you get that and did you click "Deny" if you did that then your going to have to go the Windows settings and find where that is. And since that is Windows O/S issue that isn't a utorrent issue so you will have to search for Windows issue on that. And any non-install would be directly related to your Defender settings. So lookup Windows Defender settings and see what is going on with yours.

Archived