uTorrentaffects my other programs

Cha0tika

I've patched TCPIP and no joy, bt.connection_speed is set to 20, I assume that's default, I lowered half_open before I deleted the setting and it didn't seem to help, the disconnections still display the same behaviour, although I'll do it again. I do not believe it's software because I've formatted 2-3 times since this started, although I don't know as I'm not the expert :P

OH! And while were on firewalls, my network connection SOMETIMES says: Connected, firewalled (by nVidia I believe) It was part of my driver package and I chose not to install it, but it looks like it is built into it to some extent. When I had it on before I reformatted my computer I had to turn the firewall on and then off at every startup, otherwise I couldn't gain any access to the internet.

Also I am not running a SINGLE firewall put on of my own accord, I even turned Windows Firewall off today to try and fix this, but it didn't help.

"99% of the time for which question, first or second?"

First.

"Clearing settings.dat and settings.dat.old, then patching TCPIP.sys [...]" (you did it the other way around)

I'll try it.

"Are you limiting your download rate at all?"

Yes, I was limiting it to around 150 most of the time, but it usually didn't reach that before it overloaded.

Hmm things seem more stable but there are still problems.. I'll try formatting and see what happens with this wacky thing.

Oh and also, are there any generic drivers I can get for networking, instead of using the nVidia ones that came with my mobo? They've caused me nothing but trouble.

Archived