Bandwidth does not work as it should

Tamago4a

• 2 weeks later...

in your pictures you try to limit up/down stream to 80000 kb/s wich is roughly 80 mb/s

the downloads running only run at a rough total of 10 mb/s

so the total upload of the seeds/peers is lower then your set limit, so in this case speed will never reach 80 mb/s 

On 7/30/2021 at 11:58 AM, Uberto said:

in your pictures you try to limit up/down stream to 80000 kb/s wich is roughly 80 mb/s

the downloads running only run at a rough total of 10 mb/s

so the total upload of the seeds/peers is lower then your set limit, so in this case speed will never reach 80 mb/s 

First, see the screenshot.

2a971e648576.png

In both places the speed is indicated in kB/s. If I set 80,000 kB/s why does it swing at a speed of 2.3 kB/s and not 12800 kB/s?

20 hours ago, rafi said:

You screwed up your set limit, setting it in Mbit/sev instead of MByte/sec which is what you suppose to. I suggest you read about your to convert B/sec to bit/s ... :P

Secondly, 100 Mbps is 12800 kB/s, which is already within my scope. Since 80000 kB/s is more than 12800 kB/s.

710143b70cdb.png

Thirdly, if I put a value of 1,000,000,000 kB/s there, the speed will be just as slow.

Edited by Tamago4a
Incorrect image and text in some places.

So, you are complaining about slow speed, not that it does not obey your set  limits... You are aware, that these are LIMITS, not promised maximum, right?...  In this case just set DL limit to 0, and upload limit to, say, 80% of your *UPLOAD* connection rate and try test with this:

http://www.slackware.com/getslack/torrents.php    ->

http://www.slackware.com/torrents/slackware-14.2-install-dvd.torrent

Edited by rafi