digidoggie18

digidoggie18

I am currently running utorrent 3.5.5 build 46038. In preferences I have set the client to not allow more than 3 active torrents, upload or download, and the maximum number of active torrents at 3. utorrent is fully disregarding this as I instead of having only 3 downloading and seeding I have  6 downloading with 2 queued. Is this a normal thing? I feel that it is an error on the software portion. Please help if I am not understanding this correctly. it was half working the other day but would download 1 more than requested. A lot of the help items in this version also run me into 404 not found errors and don't even open anything up as well.

Edited by digidoggie18

They are all effectively downloading. some only at a few KB but this also isnt what I wanted. I wanted only 3 going at any given time to maximize download and upload times. What can I do to change this? I figured active meant total downloads? Things have changed so much from my last use that a lot of the options I remember seem to be gone.

Edited by digidoggie18

• 3 weeks later...

"Active" means  above some set speed level, which defaults to 0 I think. Seeding torrents can be counted as active downloading too due to acks... You can try and increase it (see tip P in my Tips/guide @sig)

Edited by rafi