utorrent 3.5.5 (build 46036) not installing on windows 10 v21H1 (latest)

xt785

utorrent 3.5.5 (build 46036) latest build on utorrent website is not installing on windows 10 v21H1 (latest). I ran the installer after downloading it using run as administrator and it extracts the installer but nothing happens afterwards. In the task manger three background processes are showing but no activity. Image attached.

task manager utorrent

Hello.

I just installed utorrent 46036 at the Win windows 10 v21H1 machine and had no issues.

I see 3 instances of the utorrent are running at your machine, which is not good. Try to kill all of them and start only one. Make sure it is not blocked by antivirus or windows defender. Trying installing beta version from the website may help in some cases.

2 hours ago, SergeyQA said:

Hello.

I just installed utorrent 46036 at the Win windows 10 v21H1 machine and had no issues.

I see 3 instances of the utorrent are running at your machine, which is not good. Try to kill all of them and start only one. Make sure it is not blocked by antivirus or windows defender. Trying installing beta version from the website may help in some cases.

Sir, every time I run the utorrent.exe setup those 3 instances appear and then nothing happens. I see extracting dialog box and then after that everything goes quiet!

On 8/18/2021 at 10:37 PM, SergeyQA said:

Did you try to install beta version from the website?

Sorry I forgot to mention that. Yes indeed I tried it and it installed without any issues. How is the beta version working fine but not the stable one? 

We saw Microsoft Windows Defender is blocking stable version. In most of the cases it shows warning message and user has a choice to exclude executable from defender list, but under some circumstances it just shows nothing. Block happens, no messages, no way to get application working.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SergeyQA said:

We saw Microsoft Windows Defender is blocking stable version. In most of the cases it shows warning message and user has a choice to exclude executable from defender list, but under some circumstances it just shows nothing. Block happens, no messages, no way to get application working.

I even disabled windows defender but still the issue persists. Any workaround for this issue? Thanks.