"Invalid Torrent File" errors

Santiagobear

Of late, I've been getting loads of "Invalid Torrent File" errors when I go to get a new torrent.

What makes me think that the torrent files AREN'T invalid is the fact that in the discussion forums related to these torrents, I read "thanks" and so on, from other users, on the same day - - and high ratings as well.

Is there anything that could be wrong on my end to result in this sort of error? I'm using XP pro, a direct DSL connection - - no network.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No. It doesn't.

I might also add that I generally have to copy the link locations and paste them into the "download location" box in µTorrent. The Firefox automatic donload system virtually never works. It tells me to save the file to disk, first, and then try to open it in µtorrent - which, of course, is ridiculous.

I wouldn't rule out the ISP just because they didn't do something the previous week. Some people have their ISPs suddenly start throttling, could've be the same story here. Maybe they're testing the new system, which might explain why it's hit-or-miss. Dunno.

Archived