Forward ports? Slow Download PLEASE HELP!

skimmer.aus

I have tried unistalling utorrent and then doing a completely new install and also deleting registry data but when i reinstall utorrent it seems to keep my original settings and 'remember's them'. If anyone can help on how to completely remove and install utorrent and delete my settings would be greatly appreciated.

Also BTW do you know how i can set the default values in utorrent. Is their a 'default' button or setting or something.

Sometimes i get a green tick now but my downloads are still slow and other times i get the yellow triangle with slow downloads. Either way its slow.

Thanks for everyone's help,

yeah it's become tempermental; i now have the yellow triangle back after about 20 min and slow downloads - although they were still slow when i did have the green tick anyway.

Also what is really annoying is that even though utorrent is only downloading at about max 6kb/s, its slowing down everything else - webpages ect.. and clogging everything up even though its downloading at some ridiculously slow speed anyway?

--->>>Hmm, Do you have NVIDIA firewall?

f you find your µTorrent process uses a huge amount of memory abnormally, or steadily increasing for no reason (especially with DHT on), and you use the NVIDIA integrated firewall, you MUST UNINSTALL THE FIREWALL. Disabling it will not work! The firewall has a serious bug (which has NOT been fixed to this date) that causes many programs to leak large amounts of memory. It is NOT a µTorrent bug. There is no fix for this, you MUST uninstall the NVIDIA Firewall. However, the latest version of the NVIDIA Firewall (bundled with the newest nForce drivers) appears to fix this problem. µTorrent still presents the warning dialog, but this will be rectified in the next version.

---->>>Kerio Personal Firewall / Sunbelt Personal Firewall uses 100% CPU when running µTorrent and/or disconnects my internet every few minutes!

Kerio Personal Firewall / Sunbelt Personal Firewall has a bug where it uses 100% CPU and may cause your connection to drop when using µTorrent.

The fix for this is to:

* Open up the Kerio GUI (best to do while no torrents are running)

* Click on the Overview tab (top left)

* Make sure you are in the 'Connections' section of Overview

* Right click in the window where all of the programs currently using a network connection are listed

* Un-check 'Resolve Address' option (3rd from bottom)

This will get rid of the issue of KPF using 100% CPU.

The reason it was using 100% was because it was trying to resolve the host name of every address that is trying to connect to your computer. The higher than normal connection attempts from running torrents overloads it.

This fix works for all torrent programs running on systems with KPF installed.

All these are from the FAQ, try searching there.

Also, try to get only the .exe file and create everything else manually(not the installer) thats what i did, and it works PERFECT.

From what you are saying though, i suspect a virus/third party program, or your router... Try downloading and installing the newest available firmwire for your router...

Also try to get your computer back to the stage that it was before getting the problem.(i don't remember its name in English, but i think its called:system restoration)

If you remember the date that the problem started, The restoration might solve your problem

--->>>Maybe you should start considering a format??? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Whats your firewall?If it just slowing down your computer(and not slow downloads) then search the FAQ. It has many cases, and solutions, according to this problem.Try UNISTALLING, and NOT Deactivating your firewall.UNINSTALING.

You will find your solution here:

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php (copy paste the link into your browser)

Just search a bit.If you can't find anything,then tell me the firewall that you are using and some other details(is there a yellow triangle at the bottom of the program screen?Your problem is that your computer slows down too much, or that your download very slowly?Is the port forwarded correctly?

@skinner.aus

I had the same problem over here, and I can say with 100% certainty that it is your SpeedStream 4200. I recently received one of these with my new Bell Sympatico (Canada) service, and had the same problem that you had. Here's how to fix it. Visit the following page:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,11490618~mode=flat

It says Seimens 5200, but Seimens makes SpeedStream and the method of unlocking the router portion of the modem is the same s for the 4200. Follow the steps, but instead of binding the mfadmin to what the page suggests, put in the IP assigned to your machine by the SpeedStream (it says to use the DMZ). Then, just access http://192.168.2.1/naptcfg.htm for the port forwarding table. Enter as you would a router. Then, visit http://192.168.2.1/fwcfg.html and disable the firewall.

Next, set up a static IP address from the SpeedStream to your computer, if you haven't already.

If you are using a router, set up a static IP from the SpeedStream to the router, and the router to your computer. Then port forward to the local machine as per normal using the router's interface. That's right, if you're using a router, you have to open the ports twice!

Archived