Made a Static IP, and forwarded a port. Still nothing.

JimGetzey

I'm using U-torrent, and I have a port opened up for it. I also set up a static IP, and I still have no green light. It worked before, but the next time I signed on it said "Error, Port ***** does not appear to be open. It's definitely open, it's still defined under my Services Configuration and enabled. Can anyone let me know what else might be up? The firewall is set to allow U-torrent, and I even specified the same port for the firewall to allow. What's going on?

Not 100% sure but my internet connection is still up so I figured it worked. The DHCP configuration confused me a little bit, but I lowered the range and the ending IP is one lower than my actual IP so I believe that's correct too. Like I said, it said it was forwarded propely before, and that was even before I made the static IP.

Okay I took the second DNS server out, leaving just the first one.

Before I googled a list of DNS servers, the original one my IPCONFIG displayed was the same as the default gateway. Should I change it back to that or leave it as the one I found? I don't even know if the DNS is the problem. the problem is, utorrent won't recognize the port I opened for it, and yes I have tried using different ports to no avail.

PS. The current DNS I'm using was listed on a website as Verizon, Philadelphia, which pertains to me. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to have there :(

I'm using Windows firewall coupled with Norton 2006.

Would the Norton Internet Worm protection be an issue? Every time I try to access the options it gives me an error and won't let me configure it. Recently, I've been getting intrusion attempts from the port I specified for Utorrent so I figured it was the worm protection acting up. This doesn't happen all of the time though, and it hasn't happened in a while. I felt I should make a note of that.

Archived