Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LadyThriller

What's the speed?

*sigh* status bar? The thing at the bottom of the µTorrent window? And did you run the test torrent or not? If so, how did it run?

- Select xx/512k on the Speed Guide, but lower your upload speed to something like 44

- The test torrent is in that link I posted on my very first response in this thread. It's called Slackware.

I got finished telling you in the last page that you select the upload speed -- the download speed does not figure into the configuration.

=[

The test torrent is in that link I posted on my very first response in this thread. It's called Slackware.

A test torrent is just that -- a torrent to test your speed.

Okie dokie, here are my assumptions here:

- You correctly set the Speed Guide to xx/512k

- You have a green light in µTorrent's status bar that looks like this: greennetwork.png

Now, run the Slackware torrent, and tell my how fast it downloads.

WOW!

Slackware is doing in the high 100's it's 123 kb/s right now but the other torrent i'm downloading has 26 (2424) peers and 22 (1492) seeders and it's down speed is only 9.5.

WTF? Slackware has less people and it's doing faster, now what?

and my status bar doesn't look like that (it doesn't have a check) it's more like the logo of utorrent and i have 1.6 version.

Number of seeds and peers don't mean anything. You were able to hit your *approximate* maximum speed, so that means everything is A-OK.

When I say status bar, (once again) it's at the bottom of the µTorrent window, not system tray icon. If you don't see anything at the bottom of the µTorrent window, press F6.

Because some torrents are just slow. The Slackware torrent is fast because it has fast seeders sitting on very fast pipes, and these seeders are ALWAYS on. Normally, torrents are not like this, so you'll normally get slow speeds. BitTorrent does NOT guarantee speeds in any way.

Again, it varies from torrent to torrent. µTorrent can be, and IS, at least as fast as BitTornado if everything is set up correctly.

...... You have it set up correctly. I told you this TWICE already -- it ALL depends on the torrent you're running now. Didn't I just explain why the Slackware torrent is so fast, and how NOT all torrents are like that?