Native Linux version

yopnono

Yes there is. I don't need wine for anything except utorrent. Java I have installed since I need it for different webservices (banking, etc, etc). And since I have the java I can just use a native linux application (Azureus) The only downside of it is the mem use, but I have alot anyway so...

Still like to see a native ver of utorrent, since i do like it better.

Still using uTorrent on Wine here. Only downside is that it *seems* to have trouble reading large (>2gb? >1gb?) files like DVD ISOs from a FAT32 volume, it just says something about "no access to memory location". But that's a small price to pay for a program that STILL eats up almost zero memory and zero CPU for as many torrents as I have open ;-)

But at least I finally figured a way to make a shortcut on my desktop for it, lol.

[useless quoting removed by moderator]

I see. Both are somewhat true but it need an explanation.

AFAIK the "hammering after 2/3 (dunno what it was) minutes of no download" was only active in svn code, not in a releaseversion. In the 2.0 version, which is just released, it comes with more rules such as "only on non-private torrents" and "only if the tracker doesn't reply with an announce interval to follow". I dunno if we should call this hammering, personally i think it has the right if's.

The event complete on hashing, yes they know about it, i reported this bug 2006-08-08. This bug only happens when you load a torrent file and point to the correct folder and it starts rehasing and gets 100%. When you go the route of "the torrent import plugin", there is no bug as it does the expected event=started with left=o here (of course only if it's 100%...)

Well I just tried a torrent called Tribler, clean interface and all that. But it was using more and less the same amount of ram as az and java.

And the application is running on phyton.

Nooo I stat with the AZ and java until I see some news on the linux front for the utorrent.

//Mike

Archived