µTorrent 1.1.7.. looovely

hendrix

There is a lot of good things in the new version, but I'm sorry to see the new seeding priority settings doesn't have 110%. My ISP is limiting my data transfer amount in a monthly basis to 30 GB. After that, they limit my ul/dl speed by 90%. So that setting is very important to mee, couse every mb counts. 100% is not my style, I like to share more than I got, but 125% is a bit much sometimes. (For a DVD e.g.)

The other thing is, that right align for number coloumns still hasn't been set, but that doen't matter that much.

Anyway, I like 1.1.7.

If Internet breakdown can easily happen like today (due to badly gone router software update), you can bet your money on someone eventually hacking unsecured autoupdater on a widely used torrent client to get access to lot of computers, to be used for example as DDoS zombies, data loggers (cue stolen credit card numbers), etc.

Better to act now than be sorry later..

If Internet breakdown can easily happen like today (due to badly gone router software update), you can bet your money on someone eventually hacking unsecured autoupdater on a widely used torrent client to get access to lot of computers, to be used for example as DDoS zombies, data loggers (cue stolen credit card numbers), etc.

Better to act now than be sorry later..

I understand the point but this client woudnt be targeted unless it gets huge like the others.....the operative phrase in your post being...'widely used'...of course we all can see that happening but that hasnt happened yet....lets give the devs some credit and assume that by now they know what they are up against and will implement it when its deemed necessary.

excellent work, still a few things needed though. max up and down speed colums, align right on the colums apart from the name one. more user friendly UI for the advanced options, or maybe popup bubbles explaining what each function does. that way the new ppl will know if they need to use those options and will reduce ppl comig on forums posting a Q thats been answered 1000 times already. and the moving torrents thing. i would like to be able to move ALL of my torrents up/down. not just the ones downloading.

oh and one more small thing. please get the quick reply mod for the forum. i cant find a user javascript for it and its so much easier to read other ppls posts when u can just scan up the board again.

:(

after the upgrade i'm missing the option to stop seeding after there're x ammount of seeders.

i loved this option because i could seed all the .torrents that had a low ammount of seeders.

please put this option back in the seeding options

after the upgrade i'm missing the option to stop seeding after there're x ammount of seeders.

i loved this option because i could seed all the .torrents that had a low ammount of seeders.

That should already be in 1.1.7.x ... I gave ludde a sloppily-written suggestion of how to prioritize seeding, which I am told, he implemented with some changes.

Your seeds should already be giving priority to those that have peers waiting, but nobody is seeding, at the very least.

Was this not yet working?

-- Smoovious

Ah poop... looks like I have to restart uTorrent again. It goes on for days w/o getting the update since it gets run 24/7 when I have stuff to seed. :o Well, good to see a new version coming along... and at a more frequent pace than anticipated. Not that I am complaining about the frequency... but it's assuring to know that we're getting continued updates and bugfixes. Thanks for the effort and hope to seeing to another release.

That should already be in 1.1.7.x ... I gave ludde a sloppily-written suggestion of how to prioritize seeding, which I am told, he implemented with some changes.

Your seeds should already be giving priority to those that have peers waiting, but nobody is seeding, at the very least.

Was this not yet working?

-- Smoovious

it used to be in the older version,

but can't find it in the updated version anymore.

the old version you could set it to a ammount of seeders like 5 or 6 before stop seeding.

Lol this version 1.1.7 is cool :twisted: :twisted:

When my system did shut down unvoluntarily utorrent was there unlike before.. lol but i still had to update my settings again.. Anyway thats better than deletin the resume dat etc.. 8)

I agree with weirdo, the search option is not that necessary.. i always search from my fav torrents sites..

Keep up the gr8 wrk.. ;)

I don't like the search box. I think it's not good idea beacause many of users really have they favourite BT sites & searching for some stuff in main app window is not good idea. in my opinion of course.

I agree with this sentiment also. Alas, the developers deemed it a worthy enough feature to implement, so...it's there. :(

Archived