Invalid Torrent Files + Unable to map UPnP Port

Lamaiel

Hey folks, I've been using Utorrent and bittorrent in general on my current ISP for a while now, and have had no problems up until this week. Now, every torrent file I download registers as an invalid torrent file through Utorrent (and other bittorrent clients), files I am certain are legit. The only clue I have recieved from Utorrent is an "Unable to Map UPnP Port" in the client log. I'm not terribly familiar with port-forwarding, but do understand the concept...could that be the problem? I have no firewall, use AVG 7.1, and thats really about it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help my overwhelming ignorance on the subject.

Thanks!

Yes, I have always made it a habit to save the torrent file to the hard drive, then opening it from there through Utorrent. I tried the Tor program as well and didnt seem to get any luck with opening the torrents ( still getting the invalid file error) It just seems so strange to me that 1 day it suddenly stops working with no change to the ISP etc... I might reinstall Utorrent and see what happens, but im obviously not counting on that to help.

One last thing I just discovered about my little problem...I found some old torrent files that have been saved on my hard drive for a while, and those worked and opened fine in Utorrent. So it seems as if the problem, whatever it might be, lies in the downloading of new torrent files.

Archived