"We Respect Your Privacy"

Boringhandle

23 minutes ago, rafi said:

Does this happen if/when  you use my settings file too?

It does - and to be honest your settings file changes a load of other things I have set up the way I want them, so even if that removed the popup it wouldn't be a solution. But thanks for the attempt to help anyway :)

1 minute ago, Hyosung said:

Lucky you. As I know I'm on the latest version and I do get that pop up as well.

Oddly enough, the more annoying part.. is sometimes after I set it, the client just freezes up and i have to force quit.

Which build number are you on, and have YOU tried with my settings' file?...

4 minutes ago, Hyosung said:

Lucky you. As I know I'm on the latest version and I do get that pop up as well.

Oddly enough, the more annoying part.. is sometimes after I set it, the client just freezes up and i have to force quit.

I'm not on the latest beta, by the way. I'm on build number 46096.

Interestingly, I noticed that my uTorrent.exe file wasn't updating when I downloaded updates. Instead, the updates are going into a subfolder:
C:\Users\MYPROFILENAME\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\updates

I had to copy a file called 3.5.5_46096.exe to the main uTorrent folder, delete the other uTorrent.exe file and rename 3.5.5_46096.exe to uTorrent.exe

Having done so, all is now well.

11 minutes ago, rafi said:

Maybe some bug/mix-up between updating a  copy on %appdata% (the default) vs  a local copy/install you have? Manual update is always best...

Yeah. When I looked in task manager I think two versions of uTorrent were running as a result. So it may be that I kept responding to that popup in one version but it kept prompting me with the other...? Anyway, worth a search for anyone having the same problem as this fixed it for me.

5 hours ago, rafi said:

Which build number are you on, and have YOU tried with my settings' file?...

Using latest, 46112.

Also tried your settings and that didn't help.
And I know when there is an update, I always download the installer and install.

Currently I'm using your LAA build.

Sorry on late response.

Essentially uninstalling utorrent? (And only keeping the torrents stored in: C:\Users\Name\Application Data\uTorrent ?)

Have not tried that... And afraid of settings being lost, so I'll probably keep a backup of that in case re-installing doesn't fix the issue.

*EDIT:
Uninstalled, removed everything related to uTorrent. Tried installing Rafi's LAA build and upon opening got that pop-up and after changing settings, uTorrent froze up... so that method didn't work.

Edited by Hyosung

• 1 year later...