Static Ip. Port forwarded....not working

Noddy

I'm having a problem with utorrent where it says that my port is not forwarded, but I have forwarded the port, and I have already set up a static IP address. I'm pretty sure I have done both parts of this (forwarding and static ip) correctly, since I did them exactly according to portforward.com. I have a Netgear DG834 router. utorrent usually works ok, and the speed test says that the port is fine, but one of my housemates keeps unplugging my internet cord, and each time she does it it screws up my port, causing it to say that it is not forwarded. The problem is only when my housemate unplugs me, and usually the speed test says its working again after I restart utorrent/my computer a few times. But this time, it is continuing to not work even after many restarts of both. Can anyone give me any ideas as to how to fix this?

Pretty sure it's my LAN ip that's static.

DHT and UPnP are currently enabled, I tried disabling them but it didn't help.

I don't know what a DHCP range is....so I have no idea about that.

-edit- ok after a bit of research I now know what a DHCP range is. But I still don't know how to check what the range of it is. I have a Netgear DG834 router if that helps.

Hi. I have a Netgear614 router. I followed all the information on Portforward.com and didn't have any luck at all.In the end all i did was to forward the port 44461, named it utorrent, not Utor1 and removed the tick in utorrent so that the ports were not randomized. I didn't change any settings in windows. The ip address i used was from ipconfig. I have a cable modem with telewest and a static ip. Hope this helps. I left dht and unpn enabled. Regards chelsky

It's a static LAN IP. I've been trying to fix this for ages, but now the user name or password for the router is changed (i suspect my housemate of changing it) so I really can't do anything. Luckily I am moving to a new place soon and I'll have my own router to fiddle with, so hopefully it will work then. Thanks for the attempts to help.

if the password was changed on your router and you can't remember it for whatever reason, just reset your router's config. There should be a reset button onthe back or side that you have to hold down for a few seconds. After that, the admin password will be defaulted, as well as all config info on the router.. so you'll have to set it up again and do the port forwarding for any of the softwares you need ports forwarded

Archived