Best Bittorrent version to use? - currently using 3.4.2

ssway

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but I am guessing that utorrent as a client is still using the base install of Bittorrent that we already have installed, correct?

If so, what version does everyone recommend to use? I am still using the old 3.4.2 version as I didn't like the 4.x when I tried it (it limited the number of simultaneous torrents I could run).

I am using this on a 100Mbps FTTH connection.

Is version 4.1.6 or any of the 4.1.x versions the way to go if you are using it with utorrent? http://www.bittorrent.com/bittorrent_versions.html

uTorrent is a native Windows implementation written in C that does not use Python. It does not derive from the BitTorrent client except for sharing the same protocol. Thus, you don't need BitTorrent, or any other client, installed. The uTorrent executable is a single, standalone file, though there are configuration data files for each user on the system.

Feel free to compare it to any version of BitTorrent and report the results back here. We are interested in optimizing this client so any performance deficiency reports are appreciated. Welcome to the uTorrent community!

Archived