Torrents were running fine, now turned red with no connections

samsunnyuk

Hi I just got uTorrent running great, and about 2 or 3 hours later i get this:

[image removed for illegal content - blur please]

I have forwarded the necessary port on my router.

Global Max Connections = 600,

Maximum Connected Peers per Torrent = 100,

Upload Slots = 1

EDIT by silverfire: Image >50KB changed to link. Please prefer PNG over JPG screenshots and read the forum content rules before posting.

I am having the same problem, before I upgraded to 1.6 I was fine, now I get the red line and it appears the tracker isn't finding what it's looking for.

[images removed for illegal content in screenshots - please blur it out]

Sorry, hope this is better http://static.flickr.com/77/211197967_7b89165c62_b.jpg

I have followed the port forwarding instructions and that now appears to be fine. As you may be able to guess, I'm not a computer genius but I have read the FAQ's and I still can't get it to work.

Thanks

John

"Global Max Connections = 600,

Maximum Connected Peers per Torrent = 100,

Upload Slots = 1"

Why only 1 upload slot!?!?

What's your upload speed max set to?

Your max connections and connections per torrent may be overloading your networking hardware/software.

Upload speed set to 7 (fastest it goes is 12) (kBytes not bits)

Also get this message "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. "

And heres how my status bar is looking:

Ah I've been trying to resolve this for 3 hours now, its ridiculous...

ah yes but it doesnt happen often at all-

only if say, i turn off my pc then someone else turns on thier pc on the network then i turned mine back on. for the most while my IP stays the same, and necessary ports are forwarded to me. if my IP changes then i forward the ports to the new IP

sorry good point lol. i just like explaining things cos it helps me understand better :P

I'll edit this post once i've done the static IP business..

EDIT

Right I've setup static IP's for all pc's on the Network, and my torrents now connect to the trackers/seeds/peers. BUT I get a caution sign in the status bar (where the green button should be) so im guessing I have a NAT problem (although azureus connects fine).

Any ideas on this??

My settings now are

Global Maximum Connections = 200

Max connected peers per Torrent = 26

Max half open connections = 40 (set to 50 with the TCP sys patch thing)

Upload Slots = 2

Max upload speed = 8 kB

Max download = 90 kB

Heres my speed graph (click to enlarge)

untitled1ft6.th.png

I think theres still something wrong..

With such a low upload speed (presumeably close already to your connection's real max), allowing lots of half-open connections doesn't help at all. Lots of upload bandwidth gets used trying to make NEW connections instead of letting the already-made connections run faster.

Even having lots of connections at once is counterproductive on slower connections.

If a 1 megabit line can be maxed out with as few as 10 total connections, why allow 200 connections?

This is also why it doesn't make good sense to have 20+ connections on dial-up.

Archived