Issues Creating/Adding New Torrent

Splitzzzzz

I have a large  (18.53 GB) directory of media I wish to share via creating a new torrent. When I create with uTorrent, it gets part way through creating then crashes and windows says run out of memory. Some Googling sees this has been a problem for some years with respect to larger .torrents and seems unresolved in uTorrent.

One thread suggested using a 3rd party torrent creator/editor and recommended "Torrent File Editor" ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/torrent-file-editor/ )

I tried using that but when created, the main panel says "0"  for "Piece Size", "Pieces" and "Total Size". When 1st created and directory added, the "Files" panel does list the correct total torrent size. No matter what I do I can't get the main panel to display this info (when I created a torrent with a single file it did show this info?).

When I add the created .torrent file to uTorrent, it comes up with an error saying cannot add as piece size is zero (or similar).

When I re-open the .torrent file with "Torrent File Editor" the file panels shows only 1 file with zero pieces instead of the previously shown 60 files?

Also unsure about which trackers I should include from this list. https://techspree.net/torrent-tracker-list-updated/

When I add about 8 trackers from this list which uTorrent seems to use for my other torrents, utorrents says one or more are invalid and asks me to continue without a tracker?

Thanks in advance...Cheers

EDITI've added snapshots of error prompts, tried to upload crash dump file but exceeds file size limit of this site!

uTorrent1.JPG

uTorrent2.JPG

Edited by Splitzzzzz

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, if you were using a 64bit application. uTorrent is a 32bit application, so limited to ~2GB.  Sig==signature (there are two links there), and LAA is a flag extending the exe RAM usage to 4GB. Google it...

You'd need to exclude it in your A/V / Defender since the file signature will be corrupted.

Edited by rafi