Cannot open port

amf0802

- I have forwarded the port according to portforward.com

- I have forwarded the port in my firewall (Bitdefender)

- Windows firewall is disabled

- Utorrent is configured properly

Yet Utorrent's test displays a closed port. I have been reading around the forums for similar problems and tried a few suggestions given in those threads, but to no avail. I'm uploading right now at a 165 kb/s speed, but downloads won't max over 10 kb/s. So why the great upload, and horrible download?

Before you ask, I have a static IP that is correct. I am also sure that Bitdefender isn't the problem, because I disabled it's startup in msconfig and restarted and still received the same problem.

I will try to uninstall and repost....but everything else is configured correctly. I have been using utorrent for nearly a year, and had the port forwarded properly. But I have just recently reformated so I had to reconfigure everything and an error may have occured that I have overlooked. I also moved to a new apt. and that could be affecting some issues.

I had the ports forwarded correctly. Then a week before I moved, I reformated my computer. I also packed away my router because it wasn't necessary at the time. But I still was able to load my firewall and open the ports in it after the reformat. Then yesterday I moved and reconnected the router. So either there is an issue with the router, or my new ISP.

I also have uninstalled BitDefender Internet Security 9, and have the windows firewall disabled. The port is still closed. So to reiterate, it can't be a software issue...it has to be a hardware (router/ISP) issue.

I have a similar problem.

Config:

Router : Belkin F5D9230-4

Static Windows IP : 192.168.2.6

Router IP : 192.168.2.1

DHCP Range : *.*.2.2 - .5 (my machine is outside the range)

Port Forwarding on through Virtual Servers section

Problem:

Utorrent's port checker (http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=57316) says the port is still shut. I'm getting crappy download speeds and every other symptom of NAT problems. I still can't find a resolution, but I have yet to plug right into my cable modem (I'll have to turn on DHCP again right?) and try it that way.

I had Microsoft One Live Care with Windows Firewall turned on, but I uninstalled the software and disabled the Firewall. Still having problems even though I've followed PortForwarding's directions.

*sigh*

i have previously had a similar problem and it turned out that my modem was in router mode, so if this is your case, you need to configure port forwarding in both the modem and the router. If you have a choice, put it in bridge mode, this will disable the router features and make it act as a pure modem.

I've got a RCA DCM425 through Time Warner Cable (Road Runner).

I called their tech support. I went through 3 techs before they told me I'd have to call RCA. I'm physcially connected to the modem, but I can't seem to hit any sort of Administration page. Here are the IPs I've tried:

192.168.1.1 - .2

75.80.62.1 (my ip is .244)

75.80.56.1 (gateway)

Nothing is coming up. I also tried to Google search "RCA DCM425 gateway mode" and "RCA DCM425 bridge mode" but have found nothing so far.

I'm not connected through the router right now. I'm connected directly to the modem via Ethernet, if that's what you mean. You asked "Can you connect directly to it (physically bypassing the router) to configure?"

The key element being "to configure". Where do I configure the modem if I can't get to some sort of admin page?

Archived