Intorrably slow speeds.

Crazydog

I'm currently running a D-Link DI-624 Router w/ a D-Link DWL-G520 Wireless network card.

Don't tell my D-Links suck, casue I don't have the money right now to go out and buy another router.

We Just had a DI-624 Rev. C, but it died, and it handled my torrents fine.

Our new one, Rev. E, seems to be horrible.

We bought a Linksys before this 624 Rev. E, and it had such horrible packet handling that all other computers on the network couldn't access the internet when I had utorrent open.

Right now, I am running in DMZ, on my static IP, and my firewall is disabled. On a torrent with 44, and rising, connections, to my computer, I am downloading at 6.4 kB/s (now its 3.2 kB/s) and uploading at about 4 kB/s.

My uTorrent settings are:

Port: 316 (uTorrent says its open)

UPnP disabled

DHT disabled

Max upload: 53

Max Download: 298

Max Connections: 200

Max peers/torrent: 520

Max Upload Slots/torrent: 13

max halfopen: 8

Little thing in status bar is check in green circle. heh.. don't know a better way to describe that :P

Currently the same torrent mentioned above is at 3.1 kB/s down 1.2 kB/s up, with 40 peers and 7 seeds, with some Peer DL's at 80 kB/s

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my torrents to download fast again?

Protocl Encryption has been enabled.

Ran speed guide...(but for some reason my internet is being unusually slow even with uTorrent closed)

the ubuntu torrent was up to 50 kB/s, then dropped to 11

the other 2 im trying to download (that each have many many seeds and peers ) are still going very slow.

Archived