"wss://tracker.btorrent.xyz" wtf is this?

kgosfm

After the last update to 46590, my uT is completely broken because the above listed tracker has been added to every one of the 6350 torrents I'm currently seeding.  I have no activity at all, can't upload or download.  This kind of BS is why Malwarebytes always redflags the app/program.  The bogus tracker can't be removed.  Looks like it might try to be some ransomware crap.  And uT is DIRECTLY responsible for this.  Why why why?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/4/2022 at 7:19 AM, rafi said:

If so, just revert back to 3.5.5 (replace the exe ) . wss: is for the new support added for the WebRTC protocol

IMHO: This was a really bad decision, at minimum, you should have made sure that it didn't add it to private torrents, which immediately breaks them since it cannot be removed, and forcing a downgrade to 3.5.5 to fix it just seems backwards. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/1/2024 at 8:24 PM, Papant said:

Adding wstracker.online somehow can be disabled?

Use utorrent without internet connection or ban amazonws.com & bench.utorrent.com ip ranges. )

ps. Why only wstracker.online?, utorrent can add litetracker.world or tracker.btorrent.xyz . All wss trackers not work now for me - TCP connection failed in torrent status.

Edited by raddyst