When I create new torrents they're not visible & no uploads?

Splitzzzzz

Hi all!

I’m using uTorrent 3.5.5 build 46514 (Windows 10 home) and created 2 new torrents last night.

It’s now been 17 hours since I created them but when I search for them I can’t find them, like they are not visible on any torrent sites yet? I just used “create new torrent” in uTorrent (not 3rd party App) and added them there. I included 7 trackers (although I believe torrents will work without them?). I did not select the “private torrent” check box. I selected the “start seeding” option and left piece size as “(auto detect)”.

Needless to say there has been no uploads but this is likely because no-one has tried to download it. I tried several months ago to add new torrents but had the same result.

I’m wondering if I’ve made an error in the creation process as I presumed they would be visible, searchable and available for DL within minutes?

Any clues?

Cheers + thanks in advance!

I am assuming you added open trackers like openbittorrent... but that won't work unless someone actually knows what the torrent info hash is. i.e. you would have to personally send them the .torrent file or the magnet link for them to be able to download from you. 

Other trackers ones that you can search on require you to submit your .torrent file. If you have not submitted the file to any trackers then they would not know that it exists and it would not be added to any search results. 

Either way you have to send your .torrent or magnet to somewhere for the recipient to download.

3 hours ago, Majibow said:

I am assuming you added open trackers like openbittorrent... but that won't work unless someone actually knows what the torrent info hash is. i.e. you would have to personally send them the .torrent file or the magnet link for them to be able to download from you. 

In addition to the default [DHT], [Local Peer Discovery] & [Peer Exchange] I added these; udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:6969/announce, udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce, udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce, udp://tracker.tiny-vps.com:6969/announce, udp://tracker.torrent.eu.org:451/announce

No, haven't sent anyone a .torrent file

3 hours ago, Majibow said:

Other trackers ones that you can search on require you to submit your .torrent file. If you have not submitted the file to any trackers then they would not know that it exists and it would not be added to any search results. 

No I haven't submitted a .torrent file anywhere as I wasn't aware I need to. I assume DHT, Local Peer Discovery, Peer Exchange and the trackers would publicize it! Obviously wrong there! I'm unsure how to do that!

Do I use any single tracker of the ones I've listed and it will filter out? or all of them? or do I need to U/L .torrent file to a search website like TPB? (I've just checked TPB and I can't see a link to U/L anything. I've never been able to sign into it!

Cheers + thanks for the reply! 

EDIT: I have signed into TPB at one point as I have a username and password saved in my password manager, but when I use it it says wrong username or password. There is no password reset that I can see and when I click "register" to create a new login, nothing happens?

Edited by Splitzzzzz

I have not submitted to any public trackers before, so I don't know what the process is exactly. I would guess that the process is the same as for private trackers, register and then upload .torrent and seed.

If TPB isn't working for you there are other trackers, like KickassTorrents

Note you would need to seed to a few trackers the same .torrent if you want it to be widely available in search. Each torrent tracker is independent. 

DHT and Peer Exchange will work only if there is another person already trying to download the torrent... but we're back to needing to have the torrent or magnet to be trying. Same goes for the trackers you listed... they just relay peers, they know nothing.

Edited by Majibow