Speed Questions

spork985

I'm hoping that someone can help me with this. I am using utorrent to download a file with 26 seeds and 315 peers. My download speeds are always arround 5-25kbps. I have dsl with 1.5mbits. Is this normal download speed for a torrent of this standing???????? I have a good share ratio, and ALL ports are correctly forwarded and open and connection patch in place. What got my attention was when i clicked the download and clicked the peers tab, under the peer dl. collumn, there are speeds of like 50-90kbps, and even a few over 100. Mabey I have a setting wrong? :)

yes, i have all ports configured in firewalls and routers. it says i'm connected to 13 of 33 seeds and 102 of 303 peers. Im not sure why it wont connect to any more than that, ive had it runnin for at least 2 hours. i have global connections limited to 300. This is the only torrent downloading currently.

i have 1meg broadband and when i download it usually has a high peak of 103kb/s... but over the last couple of days it hardly every goes over 20kb/s. Nothing has changed with my setup - same antivirus, firewall etc... So why is there a recent shortage of download speed?

Archived