Same network, different computers - one fast, one slow download

JorgoLimu

Background:

I've been using utorrent on my computer for about 3 years now. I got download speeds of around 3 Mbps on this computer running Windows 11  64-bit.

I recently formatted my PC and  after downloading and installing utorrent on it, I am getting extremely slow speeds like 100-200 KBps.

In order to verify that it wasn't a problem with the network or the torrent, I loaded the same torrent onto my brother's computer(windows 11 and 64 bit as well) and started them (not simultaneously of course). The results confirmed that  my brother's PC downloaded at good speeds and my formatted computer had issues with speeds.

I ran speedtest.net on both computers and the results were the same. Now before you say run the setup guide on utorrent, I've already done that. No luck.

I have also tried manually changing each and every setting to whatever is kept on my brother's computer, but still no luck.

I searched for the solution online and tried a few tips but to no avail. Please HELP!!!

• 3 weeks later...

First off you don't tell what version of utorrent your using. And what version of O/S is the other computer.  Also Speedtest is your ISP test bandwidth it has not bearing on torrent usages those are based on swarms and those sharing the torrent. What and how is your other slow computer connected to the internet or router is also key here. Maybe look also at your router how it allocates bandwidth makes a difference as well.