100% finished file with no icon..Why?

feimui

I had just switched to utorrent from bitcomet n somehow managed to resume some partially download files from bitcomet with utorrent. After 100% finished, the file is a .rm file but the its not a realplayer icon but a empty windows icon. i cant play it with realplayer but instead when i force opened with windows media player, it can play.

May i know how to change the file into an original realplayer icon? can some kind enough to help me please?

sorry, let me rephrase..

the empty icon file (.rm) has a status that says "Bitcomet incomplete downloaded file", but it is 100 finished. when i double clicked, it cant associate with any player to open but when i right click open with realplayer, it works.. anyone knows why n how to change it to a associated realplayer file so that my friend can also open in her pc?

As a guess, In Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, View, Hide extensions for know file types is set to On. (That's on Win2k, I think the option is in the same place on XP)

Bitcomet, like uT, can be set to put an extra extension on a file while it is downloading and remove it when the dl is finished. My guess is BC put the extra extension on, and uT didn't take it off when the dl finished, and Explorer isn't showing it because it's a Known File Type.

Try toggling the Explorer option, then if there is an extra extension showing (probably something like file.rm.bc!) remove it and turn the option back on in explorer if you really want it on)

M

Archived