Exact configuration but terribly slow speed

feimui

I have configured everything correctly (I hoped so) and keep 1 file downloading with a very hot anime files of 108 seeds/906peers connected and what i get is less than 20kb.. can someone tell me where i go wrong pls?

highest Upload speed tested about 228kb

settings at 256 so recommended would be:

upload limit 22

global connection 130

connection per torrent 70

uplot slot 3

i have no router, my ports are opened. I never browse during the download..so 20kb isnt this quite bad?

Someone kind enough pls hlep me configure.. i almost wanna die with this only download 1 file at a time i expect to be faster than bitcomet...:(

thanks

Hi Ultima, i tested your torrent and the hight it reached was 110kb, i have never in my life using bitcomet ot utorrent get that kinda speed!! but it was u gave me a good seed, so r u telling me that a torrent with 50over seeds n 1000plus peers will not downlaod as fast? pls give me some tips on how to adjust if i meet lower seeds like 5/5 seeds n 100/400 peers, just an example...

Thank you so much for your help...i so happy to see 110kb on my screen..hehe!!:)

Merged double post(s):

just for your info..the 110kb did not stay up there, just a few seconds and came down to 50, then 60, then up again...up n down...is this normal? so drastic change?

EDIT by silverfire: The edit function exists for a reason. Double posting instead of editing is negligent and unnecessary.

Change your settings to allowing 2 torrents downloading at a time.

If my math's correct, you're uploading at 22 KB/sec total, with 3 upload slots each...so with 2 torrents...your

average upload slot speed=3.67 KB/sec -- still considerably above the 1 KB/sec minimum.

If your half-open limit in µTorrent has been raised, try setting it back to 8 or even as low as 4. Constantly opening new connections (at the rate of 8 or more at a time!) drains available bandwidth from uploading and downloading parts of the torrent. It only speeds up how quickly you initially get peers/seeds, not how long you typically stay connected to them...at worst, setting it too high can cause peers+seeds to spontaneously disconnect all the time.

Have you tried running TCP Optimizer from www.speedguide.net ?

...if you do, make sure to limit connections in it to <8 per server (in the second tab window).

oh, i thought i can only download 1 file at a time for maximum speed..i have others smaller seeds torrents to handle n dun know what config suits best..i will try out your guidance Switeck..i m so ignorant about this speed thing hope to learn from u experts out there.

i will do the tcp optimizer thing, so do i still need to forward my modem like spork985 said?

i am getting a green light. i thought u said if i dont have green light then forward..i misunderstand then.. anyway can u help me get my maximum speed, all i can reach is 20kb with 8 torrents at the same time..like Switeck said..

Merged double post(s):

GOOD NEWS! before i do anything of the above, i tested with this famous torrent OOo_2[1].0.3rc7_060622_Win32Intel_install.exe, n i hit up to 200kb!! but probably this is a good seed. now i need some guidance on how to configure smaller seeds dowload..cus it seems i tried with medium seeds eg 5(8)seed, 11(30)peers, hit only maximum 15kb...anyone can help? thanks:)

EDIT by silverfire: The edit function exists for a reason. Double posting instead of editing is negligent and unnecessary.

@feimui: Yes, if you have a green light, then you normally don't have to do any more configuration on the port settings. There is no difference between small and large swarms (not "seeds") in terms of configuration except maybe the number of torrents you can have active. Just stick to the Speed Guide settings.

Archived