having trouble getting and keeping green light

den

have cable internet and behind a dlink di 604 router. i've done several searches here, checked my settings according to the info found here and on the dlink website, and it seems that the port opening is intermittent, despite not having changed the settings since the last time it worked properly. it's as if the port opens and closes whenever it feels like it. any help? i've used utorrent for a long time and only started having problems after i started using a router. any ideas?

yellow/green 50/50. only today it went to red, then yellow then red again and surprisingly green most of the time today so far. sometimes a reboot will put me back to green i've noticed.

the port forward test sometimes gives me interesting results. i did the test just now when green and i got an error result saying that it is not forwarded properly. i've never seen stuff like this when i was directly connected to the internet.

ok. i'm writing this roughly thirty minutes after arriving home from work. the anime torrent i had this morning (at roughly the same time i started the thread) was still at zero percent. i tried the open office torrent and it was dead. i reboot the pc, restart utorrent, and immediately the torrents come to life. open office was transferring at over 200kbps. i performed the port forward test while the yellow triangle was showing (it still is in fact) and it said the port was fine. any idea how to keep utorrent working without needing to reboot? or how to keep the port open?

two of the other pc's on the network do not have this problem and the last one is a server which we don't really touch. don't know if that last bit of info is useful. maybe the router just doesn't like my pc.

Archived