Stop downloading but stay seeding...?

saoir

Hi all,

Just switched to uTorrent from Azureas....and have read some of the help files.

But I cannot figure out if I can stop downloading, while still seeding ? I need to do this to maintain my ration.

Also is it correct that uTorrent does not display the Ratio, I have to calculate it in the stats window?

Saoir

I tried this. Chose all files in the files tab and right clicked and then chose 'don't download'. All wer then marked skip.

But when I started the torrent it started to come in at 20k ! what is downloading ? I did this for another and the same thing happened :(

Saoir

No luck.. however I did find the only way I could get this to work was....

I went back and added ALL of the torrent files referring to files I had 100% downloaded. They all appeared in the window.. so I labelled them all as 'downloaded and seeding'. Then I click on 'no label' and only my downloading seeds show on screen. If I want to see uploading ones I click on 'downloaded and seeding'.

My only concern now is that thoise are the only files that will be available for seeding. What if someone wants me to seeda file I have downloaded but is not on this list ? :confused: ... :)

I don't know what exactly you are asking but anyway, if you go to set the scheduler, hold shift while clicking one of those hour boxes, it will turn red instead of green/light green/white. This means that any torrent that is 'Downloading' will turn to 'Seeding' only mode for that hour that you set the scheduler for.

I really like this feature. Let's say that you are downloading a huge file from a tracker that keeps tabs on having a good ratio. You can stop the downloading and just seed what you have of the torrent so you can boost your ratio up or something. :)

I'm surprised DreadWingKnight, didn't mention this, unless my mind is off and i'm thinking of something completely different? ;)

Archived