Yet another speed problem

Amazigh

Hi people,

I know, this is a widely asked question. I have searched around but I cannot find an answer to my particular case.

Well, I have a Zyxel modem with a firewall. I have cofigured it to let through all requests to the PC where my uTorrent is running (port is 50973). I have also cofigured the NAT. Everything seems to be OK. uTorrent keeps complaining that there is no incoming connections. When scanning my network trafic on port 50973, using Ethereal, I do see requests comming in. But uTorrent still complains and the speed is somewhat around 4 kB/s.

Anyone any idea? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Amazigh

Do you get the green icon on the status bar at the bottom? Have you tested your port in the speed guide to see if utorrent thinks it's open? From time to time I notice I get the yellow icon but I do a port test and utorrent says its ok so I just ignore it. Is that 4kB/sec upload or download? Also, are you sure you didn't set a download/upload speed limit in the preferences?

Thanks Invy for your reply

I have tested the port in the speed guide and this says that the port is not open. Still I see requests coming in!!!!!

By the way the icon in the status bar is always yellow. The speed I mentioned is the download speed. The upload speed is set to 8 kB/s and the download is set to unlimited.

Cheers,

Amazigh

Archived