All my downloades/Completed etc dissapeared. Please help.

dodgy

Hi,

My pc just crashed. When i rebooted and fired up uT, all my files were missing. All downloading, Completed, Active tabs etc are empty. Ive read a few other posts with similar problems. I uninstalled uT, reinstalled it and clicked reset on each collum tab (name, size etc), but no joy. My list is still empty.

"Unable to map UPnP Port" is the only message i have on the Logger tab. Not sure if this gives you a hint to my problem.

Where is all the data stored and is there any way i can tell uT to look there for the missing files and my download list?

I had about 42 files either half way through, nearly finished or not started yet. And over 100 seeding in my download file. My download file is intact, but as i said nothing is showing in my Completed tab (or any other tab) so nothing is being seeded at the moment.

Please help. Im not the most computer litterate but happy to try anything to solve this problem.

Cheers.

Ahh thanks mate but the problem is i have no torents left. They all dissapeared when i rebooted. Should i download a random torrent and force recheck? Would this retrieve my missing files? As i said earlier all my files are missing, there is nothing in uT, its all blank. No downloading, no completed, no active etc all the tabs show 0. Im trying to find a way to get them back. Was hopping there was a way to make it remeber what i was downloading. I had about 42 files all in various stages of downloading that are all missing from uT. They were there this morning and it was working fine. Now there is nothing, just as if i just installed uT for the first time.

No idea why this has happened.

Thanks so much Ultima.

All i had to do was double click on each torrent and it would restart them, check the % done and carry on from there. The downside is that if i clicked on a torrent that was already downloaded but is no longer in the download folder it would restart the download from scratch. Pity there is no data file that tells uT what files have already been downloaded. I am missing a few from my list but you have helped me loads.

Thanks again for that, you've saved me lots of time and frustration.

Cheers.

@dodgy, You don't have to redownload files just because they are no longer in your default download directory. With the torrent stopped, right-click it then left-click Advanced and Set Download Location, then browse to the folder containing your file(s).

jsillup, that was great. Just have to do a force recheck after i do what you said and it adds it to my completed list. You and Ultima have helped me no end.

Now i know how to seed things after ive moved them out of the download folder.

Thanks again.

Archived