Anonymous Proxying.

kai1211

Well I am trying to find a way to keep me safe from hackers and lawsuits and so one. is there any thing else I could do? Because I like downloading TV show do I do not know how legal that is. Also could you tell me what DHT is? Thanks and have a good day.

People have been sued because their ip was dynamic and was mistaken for the person previously using that ip. (...been awhile since I've heard of that happening though.)

Website owners have been sued for what someone has posted on their forums, even though the owners have removed the offender's posts AND banned the offender! (In China, they've even gone to jail over it -- instead of it just being a civil "you owe me money now!" suing case.)

The DMCA has been used to force ISPs to take "questionable" websites offline without even a protest by the website's owner. No court, no jury, no judge -- just "take it down or you're legally libel!" It's been used to silence critics of anti-virus software (one of the reasons I hate McAfee), and forced websites to remove old microsoft dlls/software (that could play mpeg4v3 AVI files) because it interfered with Microsoft's profit margins (thus making AVI files someone OTHER than microsoft created pretty much inaccessable).

If you're connecting to a torrent, there is something called a "tracker" that has to know how to connect to you in order for the torrent to work. The fact DHT UDP packets are hitting your firewall is proof enough that just a simple proxy won't "mask" you from someone knowing your ip...and what torrent you're downloading/uploading.

Archived