Is it possible to run two instances of uTorrent.exe simultaneously?

sonic

I'm not allowed access to my router so I've got a limited download speed.

I was hoping to get around this by running another uTorrent.exe at the same time, separate torrents for each one.

I've tried having each uTorrent.exe file in different folders with their own *.dat files, but they won't run at the same time.

So is it at all possible to run two uTorrent progs at the same time? Is so, would someone please explain how.

Or would I have to turn to the dreaded Azureus

Cheers!!!

Well, I'm not able to forward my port because I'm not allowed access to the router. That means I have a limited speed when using uTorrent. It still works, but slower.

However, I'm assuming that if I allow uTorrent to manage a single torrent, then I could use another uTorrent.exe to run another torrent simultaniously thereby maximizing my spare bandwidth.

For example, if I was limited to a 6kB/s download speed, then I could open another uTorrent prog for different torrent at another 6kB/s.

So is it at all possible to run two uTorrent progs at the same time? If so, could you please explain how?

Thanks!

@sonic: I still fail to see why you need two copies of µTorrent open to run two different torrents. You can just run both torrents from the same instance without issues. There's very little you can do for your speed without opening ports, and I suggest looking for alternative methods such as SSH tunneling to be able to download faster. Opening a second instance of µTorrent serves little to no effect, and whatever effect it has is merely psychological.

Well (with my speed limitations) if I run two torrents from the same prog, then they will have a combined speed on 6kB/s. I was hoping that if I was able to open another instance, with the second prog for another torrent that the total download speed could then be 12kB/s.

So I'm assuming that it's not a possibility then...

Thanks for your help and advice anyway.

Cheers!

Archived