Best ADSL modem

tomcruise

Hi,

I live in new zealand and the internet over here is pretty crap (the plan im on is 40gb monthly limit for $150) and its only just got better in the last few months.

Anyway, the adsl modem that my isp supplied me with is a dlink dsl-302g and ive read the forums and seen all the stuff for setting max connections and crap.

Basically i'm sick of it disconnecting every few hours when i have several torrents downloading and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for an adsl modem that supports a lot of connections.

Thanks.

I run a D-Link DSL-360T modem in bridge mode to my PC in Germany (I have a single PC, no laptop, therefore do not need a router). I run µTorrent constantly on a DSL 6000 connection (6016 kbit/s down / 576 kbit/s up) using Speed Guide xx/640k settings without any disconnects. Maybe you could avoid disconnects by running your modem in bridge mode.

I have just swapped a d-link modem for a netgear router (modem & firewall are built in). IMHO my router is far better than my modem ever was, no disconnects for a start!!

Also, since the router handles the connection, it is there from boot up.

Consider getting a router instead

Archived