auto update ipfilter.dat

hendrix

• 2 months later...
Reload ipfilter.dat if the file is changed

uTorrent should detect if ipfilter.dat has been changed and reload it if it has. Currently uTorrent has to be restarted.

Vote YES ;)

Good feature! Ludde, implement it, please :) Because most of ipfilter.dat making programs can only make it, but µTorrent contiue to using old ipfilter.dat, what is loaded when µTorrent starts or when we press OK in preferences :(... For beginnig, i think it enought that with interval about 1 minute (or less) ipfilter.dat is tested on size or time and contents (checksum, hash, crc, etc.) changes and reloaded without checking of current active connections. But in the future the current connections also must be re-checked with new ipfilter.dat...

Thanks! :)

just pressing OK in the prefs is work - i test this - BUT - its only reload new ipfilter.dat. It is do not re-check current active connections by using new ipfilter.dat and do not disconnet peers that must be banned by new, reloaded, ipfilter.dat. New, reloaded, ipfilter.dat is used when connecting to new peers.

the only problem with automating this updating, is I dont think blocklist manager is capable of exporting to the format that µtorrent uses? Or does it?

Last I checked, BLM exports/converts the emule format using padded ranges

127.000.000.001 - 127.000.000.001 , 200 , localhost

being a single IP address/range block.

But, µtorrent only recognizes/uses

127.0.0.1 - 127.0.0.1

personally i think it should check it once every 24 hours at a time u specify

this would help (me at least) because with Blocklist Manager on auto it downloads ranges and updates the ipfilter every 24hours so u could set it to check a couple mins after its supposed to check..

• 2 months later...

Old, but going to rerequest it. Auto-updating ipconfig.dat (preferebly the gzipped version). Yes, a program like Blocklist Manager can do it as wel (or better), but I really only want something to update ipconfig.dat file. Nothing more, nothing less. BLM is way to much bloat for this.

I'd like to toss a vote towards a watch feature on ipfilter.dat as well. I'm sort of anal about clowns who use BitComet and its brethren, so I right click->copy selected hosts and manually paste it into ipfilter.dat (and then use a batch file to strip and sort the ips). It's kinda tedious to have to open up the options page just to refresh it.

Even a hotkey would be nice, or a top-level menu item.

• 4 years later...

I know this is old, but I have the same issues with BlockList Manager so I wrote my own fairly simple IPFilter Updater with the ability to make it automated.

It can be downloaded with Internet Explorer here: uFilterUpdate

Any other browser here: uFilterUpdate

and you can see update notes and post bug reports or comments here: ProjectJ.org uFilterUpdate Post

• 1 month later...

Archived