Query to anyone still using Windows 98 and have set up a static IP...

Ultima

Yes and no.

It has a bit of info about LAN ips, but seems to lack DNS info in the screenshot.

It also lacks info on how fast your internet connection might be -- knowing only how fast its immediate interface is (such as 100mbit) to your router or modem.

What are you having problems with about static ips?

Hm...? Have you tried the utility itself, and not just the screenshot? I'm wondering because I'm writing a guide, and the static IP guides at portforward.com for the older operating systems still contain instructions that only work on Windows 2000/XP (using ipconfig). So I wanted to find a way to generalize the instructions a bit, and my hope was that the utility available for download on that page I linked to displayed enough information on Windows 98.

Yeah, I already know about it (you linked it to me before :P), but the utility I linked to reportedly works on Windows 98 as well. What I need to figure out is how much information is missing (the site says "You can also use this utility on Windows 98/ME, but under these operating systems, some of the adapter information may not be displayed properly"). This utility is a quicker download anyway. If the previous one doesn't have enough, I'll ask about yours, but in the mean time, I want to see about AdapterWatch. Now, if only Switeck came back to respond... :P

Archived