UPnP Port Mapping problem. I tried the FAQ already.

RonB

I have some major UPnP port mapping problem, it's really annoying.

I have set my modem firewall to none, and I do not have a software firewall.

UPnP is also checked on my modem and the Universal Plug n Play and SSDP service is running. I tried restarting the computer/modem and it still doesn't work, then I restarted again just for the hell of it but it still does not work.

Is there any other port I need to enable? Or is there something else I need to do? Please help. I tried the FAQ and did everything it suggested. And in uTorrent it shows a red circle with an exclamation point within it. If you're wondering, I forwarded local and remote ports 16881-16889 and 6881-6889 through my firewall and modem already. I'm using port 16881 for uTorrent.

Yes I did use www.portforward.com and no I am not using wireless internet.

Any hope for me? Thank you.

No, it does not display a link. I wish it did :(. It simply says that it can not access port 16881 although I'm connected to 271 Nodes and I'm uploading at my Max. Though my download could probably be better.

The hardware I am using is a Westell 327W. And yes I manually forward the ports through there using the tutorial in the FAQ or Help guide. I forget the site, but they have every modem/router there.

My other hardware is this is a Windows XP Home sp2 computer. Intel Pentium 4, and it's a Gateway 504GR, Processor Speed 3 GHz, 7 USB, 3 FireWire, Intel 915 Chipset, 200 Gb SATA, 7200 RPM. 512 MB DDr. I can't seem to find any more information.

I also tried this UPnP test and it seems as if I Passed the first 6 tests and I'm failing the last 2. Test 7 and 8. Here is where I got it from.

http://fp.mgillespie.plus.com/upnphelp.htm

The tests I failed were Adapter #0 - 192.168.1.1 and Get External IP address.

Oh and I just got the UPnP error I was discribing to you in uTorrent.

[23:36:14] UPnP: ERROR -3 mapping port 16881 -> 192.168.1.47:16881

[23:36:22] Unable to map UPnP Port.

Edit - Just read your post Ultima: I used the guide and did everything it told me to. I even looked it over a couple times to see what the problem was. Like I said, I even let EVERYTHING pass through, and I mean everything from my firewalls and router.

Oh I'm sorry, I think I got the two terms mixed up.

I don't have a router, just one computer connecting to one modem. Sorry about that. Oh and here is a picture of the ports that I am using which are being forwardded from my router, just to check if I'm doing anything wrong.

portforwardedvb4.jpg

I had the same problem as well. I simply added a new rule with norton firewall in the advanced area to allow the range of ports for the active connection I had. You may message me for further details of you still have this problem.

Norton by default sometimes restricts certain ports if they are not specified in the advanced settings.

Okay I have no more firewall. I have completely uninstalled the firewall, set the modem to none, and got rid of the other hard ware firewall. And sadly... it still does not work.

I could cry...

For some reason I just can't forward the ports.

Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem with the umap thingy! i have looked at the FAQ but i dont understand it enough to follow it! Is there any way that someone can give me a thick persons guide on how to work through this with just simple words and no jargon?? this stuff confuses the hell outta me!!

Thanks!!!

I have all steps passed in UpnP, but still no portforwarding! I have no firewall exept the one from windows. I did everything right, all is standing well and forwarded well! The only thing is that I'm wireless, its for mine laptop. Is there something I have to add becouse of my wireless connection?

Nope, I'm not using Wireless Internet. I'm directly connected to the modem. And again no firewall and the modem is set to none. And I can do without UPnP I just wish I could forward my ports so I don't get that Red icon. So if UPnP does not work, then there must be a way to foward ports.

And again I went to www.portforward.com and set up the modem's services all over again even though the rules are set to none on the modem , utorrent still says the ports are not properly forwarded.

Archived