Flash uTorrent Web Interface

Pleh

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured out why it wasn't working - I didn't read the readme properly and copied the swf into the %appData%\uTorrent folder, instead of adding it to the webui.zip. D'oh!

But the fantastic news is that yes, the Flash WebUI works on PPC! There's some screen layout issues, but it's displaying my list of torrents...

I have been doing alot of work on code optimisation and have had to rewrite most of the code from scratch.

I will be releasing a new beta version in the next few days, this should make the FlashUI as fast as the WebUI (maby even faster)

At the moment it will still load all of your torrents and will not use a virtual list like the WebUI does, this means that users with thousands of torrents will experience high CPU and memory usage, but i have added a kind of multithreadding so it wont crash, it will just slow down under heavy load. If this is still unusable for those people i will add a virtual list system like the official WebUI.

When i release this new version i will need some people to help test it for me and give me feedback on bugs, so if anyone wants to help i will be greatful :)

I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Pleh

"The Word"

I have just added a link to this new beta version to the first post.

Please bare in mind that i have changed so much of the code that previously reported bugs that have been fixed once may reappear. Please disregard any existing bug lists and start from scratch.

Thanks guys :)

P.S. Some new features include...

Loads of optimization

Torrent List Sorting

Torrent Properties

Basic Preferences (and i mean basic :s)

it's really fast.. congrats on that..

several requests and glitches:

1. more columns by default (at least the down/up speed columns - those are the most impotant)

2. ability to sort columns

3. ability to enable/disable columns just like in utorrent if possible (right click)

4. ability to choose the update speed (or automatic update speed determined by the number of torrents) - "if ($number>1000) $update_speed=10000; if ($number<50) $update_speed=1000;"

5. the details pane takes more than half of the screen by default (it does not remember it's size from last session too)

6. what's the right click-> Label button supposed to do?

1. good idea, i will add those

2. you can sort the columns, you just click the column header (unless you meas re order them horazontaly, i will add that)

3. what do you mean by enable/disable? you can select which columns you want to see by right clicking on a column header and clicking select columns.

4. The update speed is currently set to sait half a seccond after the last request was recieved before it sends the next, but i can make that an option.

5. Good idea i well add that too.

6. Thats going to show a dialog box that lets you set the label, but at the moment it does nothing :)

lol.. i meant reorder the columns, not sort them :)

i know u can enable/disable columns by right clicking and selecting "select columns".. i suggested u to make it easier (just like in utorrent).. making "a smart update rate" just like i suggested in 4. will be great :) actually a better thing will be a complete torrent list evaluation at first run.. if the user has a lot of torrents like Firon (1xxx) it will set the refresh rate at 5-10s and enable the most important columns only

if a user has less than 100 torrent more columns (well, not all of them.. too much space) can be enabled and the refresh rate could be set at 500ms or a second.. :) u can make various settings sets so that it works better by default for each user specifically :)

There seems to be some bugs with the ActionScript(s) you are using. Atleast one possibly infinite loop is entered when a torrent name contains a comma causing Flash to produce an abort script prompt.

A similar problem also occurs once the list of torrents is propogated, not sure what causes that though. If more info is required let me know and I will get back to you once the torrents finish and I can narrow down what triggers the problem

Thanks For the comments and bug reports :) keem em comming :)

I will look into the comma problem and let you know what i find out.

dAbReAkA: It wont make too much difference to the speed if i make it hide some columns for people with thousands of torrents. but what will help is if i make it limit the amount of rows. but i havnt had time to think of how thats going to work exactly :s

I would have made column selection the same as in uTorrent but flash cant have ticks in the custom context menu items :( Any ideas oh how to make this easier?

Archived