Flash uTorrent Web Interface

Pleh

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I follow the instructions in the readme. When using flash.html I get:

flashslowlyls5.jpg

Edit:

You're absolutely right, I wasn't using build 482. I was using build 481. I'd only just downloaded it too, never expected a new build that quickly.

Everything runs smoothly now. Thanks a lot.

what version of uTorrent are you using? you need to be using the latest which is 1.6.1 build 482. you can get it from the official WebUI thread.

If you are allready using that version how many torrents do you have loaded?

:D

This is great! It might just be the answers to my problems at work. But.....

I'm using 1.6.1 build 482 and cannot load a torrent using the add torrent click, but

I can when I use the add torrent from URL. This would be alright for open sites but

not for closed one................or am I doing something wrong?

Are you using flash player 8 or flash player 9? i think you need 9 to upload a file to uTorrent.

you can see which version you are using by rightclicking anywhere in the FlashUI, it says in the last item in the right click menu.

What I wonder about requiring Flash 9 is... if people's computers at work don't have Flash 9, people have to install it themselves, and if they don't have administrative access, they won't be able to install it in the first place... which diminishes the utility of FlashUI a tiny bit.

that's why there are alternatives..

on the other hand there are people at work or at internet cafes that can't install another browser and the default one is IE.. as we know the ajax webui doesnt work well in IE, so they may find the flash one a better alternative.. as i said before - the more, the better

I'm not saying the FlashUI is not needed or whatever -- that's definitely not what I mean. What I mean is the fact that Flash 9 is required might make it less viable an alternative to WebUI, since you'll still have to install another piece of software due to the fact that it's a relatively new version and might not be deployed on many computers. (Wow, quite the run-on sentence =o)

Flash 9 is only needed if you intend to upload a torrent from you harddrive (as previously stated). So since i assume the majority of workers/i-cafe'rs won't be downloading the .torrent to their respective machines, the functionality/viability remains roughly the same i hope.

It should work fine in flash 8, you might have found a bug. the only feature that requires flash 9 is the uploading a torrent feature, but you can still use the add torrent by url button so you really arent loosing much functionality. I will have to do some more testing in flash 8 to see if i can find that bug. But as Eejit was running fine in flash 8 i wouldnt say it was a problem everyone is getting.

I follow the instructions in the readme. When using flash.html I get:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1705/flashslowlyls5.jpg

Edit:

You're absolutely right, I wasn't using build 482. I was using build 481. I'd only just downloaded it too, never expected a new build that quickly.

Everything runs smoothly now. Thanks a lot.

I got same problem as yours. I'm using uTorrent 1.6.1 BETA build 482 and Flash Web UI 0.7.

My list has hundreds of entries. Will it cause the problem?

It shouldnt cause problems anymore. The error you are getting could be related to something else. Do you have many labels? Do your labels or torrents have any special characters in them, like commas and brackets and quotes?

If possible can you go to... http://127.0.0.1:8080/gui/?list=1 and email me your list so i can test it? You probably wont want to show me what your downloading but it would be a big help.

Thanks

P.S.

Sorry dAbReAkA i thought i would try somewhere new and apparently it sucks. So i have added the iHud mirror again.

It shouldnt cause problems anymore. The error you are getting could be related to something else. Do you have many labels? Do your labels or torrents have any special characters in them, like commas and brackets and quotes?

If possible can you go to... http://127.0.0.1:8080/gui/?list=1 and email me your list so i can test it? You probably wont want to show me what your downloading but it would be a big help.

Thanks

I uploaded to here:

http://i.cool.ne.jp/colourfullove01/list.json.htm

Thank you Pleh!

0.7 is looking very good. Keep the steam up :)

I hope, eventually when the final version gets ready, that the flashUI will be released together with the standard webUI (in the same package). The flashUI is really high quality and deserves it.

Thanks man, i hope so too :)

Once i fix roytam1's bug it might be a little while before i release the next version with the file list, alot of work has to be done to allow huge (10000+) lists. But i will "keep the steam up" until this project is finnished :)

P.S. dAbReAkA : I will get rid of the doubble slashes :)

Archived