Flash uTorrent Web Interface

Pleh

I have just released version 0.61 this fixes the comma in the torrent name problem and also allows you to use a skin on the FlashUI. the skins have to be in .png format and they use the same transparency colour as the Win32 app (magenta or #FF00FF) you just have to put toolbar.png in the Images folder in the zip file.

Enjoy :)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It cant use the toolbar from the actual uTorrent dir because for a start it has to be in the zip file for it to be accessed remotely and also flash cant load external bitmap files, only png and jpeg i chose png because it supports transparency, and finally the bitmaps are reletivly large compared to png files.

Unfortunatly this means that you will need to convert the themes to png format and possibly edit them slightly to work with the FlashUI, but hey thats better than nothing :)

Stone: That info is about how uTorrent saves the column order, i would love to get that info in the FlashUI but at the moment i cant, i have a feeling its something Directrix and Ludde may add in the future tho and as soon as they do i will add it. In the mean time i will implement column dragging and just have it save as a cookie :)

mrxrsd: Im getting pritty behind on my change logs :( but the change from 0.6 to 0.61 was toolbar theming and a bug fix. The up and down buttons were in a screenshot of the official UI before its public release but they were taken out for some reason that im not aware of. I can only assume that they are not working perfectly yet so they will be added later :)

Things im planning on doing next...

Add loads more options to the preferences page

Add the preferences button to the menubar

Add the Files Tab

Add Column ReOrdering

Random bug fixes as they appear :)

Well i just tried this plugin from school and it works. It wont allow me to add a torrent though but i can control it otherwise. I even saved torrent to my area and ran it but it just didnt open. Is this just me or is it a bug. And could you add the feature where you can type in a web address rather than haviong to open the torrent from your area.

Also a very nice plugin, makes it really useful for when ur somewhere where you have to use internet explorer

you can type the web address, just click the add url button.

if you are using a private tracker that sometimes wont work.

when adding a torrent through either web interface you cant just open the torrent file. you need to click add torrent and then select it from your area.

:)

Well if i click add webpage link it comes up with this feature has not yet been implemented.

If i click add torrent and then add the torrent from the desktop then nothing happens. Just got home now and tried adding the torrent using the flash web interface and it doesnt work. Is this just a problem with my utorrent or something.

sounds like you are still using version 0.5 of the FlashUI, upgrade to version 0.61 from the first post of this thread. Then you can use the add url button.

also what version of the flash plugin are you using? i have a feeling you might need version 9 to upload files, but everything else works in version 8

Its stopped working because Ludde has changed the JSON output from uTorrent and the FlashUI did not know what to do with the new layout.

I have fix the problem and released the new version that works with build 482, you can get it from the first post of this thread.

:)

Archived