Flash uTorrent Web Interface

Pleh

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guy-pierre, what security level do you have in Tools->Internet Option->Security in IE6?

Plus can you make sure that Macromedia Flash Player 9 works correctly in IE6,

like checkout a flash that needs Macromedia Flash Player 9 or newer.

guy-pierre : Are you sure you are using flash player 8? right click on a flash movie and it says at the bottom of the right click menu.

ICleolion : I will have to install firefox2 and do some testing. *EDIT* I have just installed FF2 RC3 and it seems to work fine, possibly a bug in FF2 RC2?

Exoskeletor : Are you using flash 8? you need flash 9 to upload torrents (but everything else works in flash 8). Also the flashUI crashes if you have it running more than once. This is a bug and i will hopefully get it fixed before the next version.

In that case im not sure what to suggest. I think there is a way to get a propper bug report from flash but it requires installing a special debug player, which i assume you cant do in your office :s . Ideally i need to be able to re-create the problem so i can try to determine what is causing it.

Im going to install virtual pc when i get home and i will try a few different combinations of browsers and flash players.

I also got the "A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 9 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?" error, which broke FlashUI no matter if you said to abort or not. But I would like to add that I found I only got this error if I had both FlashUI and WebUI up at the same time. As long as WebUI isn't up, FlashUI works great. Not a big deal, since I plan on only using FlashUI anyway. :D But just thought I'd report it. This happens in both Firefox 1.5.0.7 and IE6 btw.

Main feature I'd like to request is that it remember you current view settings so I don't have to click on Active each time it boots up. You're already nicely saving columns and such, so it should be an easy addition. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I also have the debug version of FP 9 (because I program in Flex) and I can tell you it doesn't give you any kind of bug report option for this error.

Edit: I did notice another bug - I have labels with backslashes ("\") in them. FlashUI doubles them (makes them into "\\"). WebUI and the regular uTorrent UI show them normally.

I am already aware of this bug and Directrix tells me that its fixable, im just doing something wrong. It also happens if you have the webui running on a seperate machine and then load the flashui. It just doesnt like being loaded twice at the moment :).

I will make it save the last catagory, good idea :)

When you get the error and you choose to abort the script, the debug player should write to a log file, the location to the log file is a setting in your player so im not sure exactly where it is.

The double backslashes are part of the JSON spec, the WebUI handles them properly and removes one, Flash isnt doubling them, its just not removing one yet. I will get this fixed too :)

Thanks for the suggestions :D

hi,

a little contribution concerning this error message causing a crash "A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 9 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?" :

I have noted that there is no problem and the soft is working fine unless the UP Speed is too high. In my case, if the seeding rate is above 17-18 Kbp/s, I get the error message after a few seconds or minutes.

Pierre

Unfortunately, it looks like it doesn't write anything to the debug log for that kind of error, even when you do have it turned on.

But while researching it, I found this cool firefox extension. Check it out, Pleh (assuming you haven't already):

http://www.sephiroth.it/weblog/archives/2006/10/post_1.php

On another note, I find that when I resume paused torrents from FlashUI and then go back to the native UI, it shows them as Paused in the status column but has an icon.

Other bugs. Pardon if these are repeats:

1. Vertical scrollbar doesn't automatically show up when I have more torrents than will fit onscreen. I have to jiggle the resizer for the top/bottom pane split to make it show it.

2. Down arrow on scrollbar doesn't seem to work at all.

3. Label menu option does nothing. I'm assuming this just isn't implemented yet but figured I should list it.

4. Pausing Queued pauses them, but FlashUI still shows "Queued" status and the icon is the Downloading icon. This happens when paused through native or Flash UI.

5. Queued items have the Downloading icon, not the Queued icon (gray button).

Requests:

Okay, I now these are on your list, I'm just asking for priority. The two things I really most want to see are labelling and the files view. That's the whole reason I need to monitor my uTorrent in the first place. I have it set up to download stuff via RSS all the time. But I have to manually label things (I create my own folders with a structured name rather than use whatever the torrent liked). To do that, I need to look at the Files pane to see which files are in this pack (each pack has one or more dated episodes).

I'm not sure how much of that is being held up by the implentation of the UI API in uTorrent and how much you are just waiting to implement. But I figure you could use the feedback either way.

Edit:

Oh yeah, this is something I've noticed in both WebUI and FlashUI. When you sort by priority/# (what you call "Number" in your UI), the sort is different than the native UI. In the native UI, ascending sort (the arrow pointing down) lists the numbered ones and then the stars. So:

But in Web/FlashUI, it sorts like this:

Which kinda sucks because it's not how I think most people work. They want to see their downloads first, the highest priority download at the top. And after all those, show the seeds.

Hi Monsoon,

Thanks for taking the time to test out the FlashUI :)

Just looked at that firefox extension, looks handy, i will have to get it :)

The scrollbars are a bit iffy at the moment because they arent finnished, at the moment i am working on a complete rewrite of the components. So once this is done the scrollbars should work properly.

Labels i still have to do, you cant have sub menus in flash so im working on some other kinds of implementation for them.

Im not sure what you mean by number 4, but number 5 i will fix

The files tab will be added once i have rewritten the listview component. and labeling will come at the same time as that.

I haddnt noticed the number sorting thing, i will get that fixed too. Thanks for pointing that out :)

To sum up, everything you have mentioned will be added, its just a matter of time.

For #4, click on a queued torrent. Click Pause. The status text still says "Queued" in FlashUI. If you go to the native UI, it says "Paused".

Also, just ran into this one: deleting a torrent leaves a hole in the torrent list instead of picking up the slack.

I got few question

- can this be open source ? or do you mind email me the source ?

- can i run swf from remote computer and set the user name and password during startup so i dun have to download the swf all the time. I can bring it my thumb drive or run it in pocket pc with slow loading.

at the moment it wont be open source, however i am working on a free flash RIA development tool and i may release this UI as a sample application then.

The swf used reletive paths to get the JSON from uTorrent so it probably wont work localy. The swf has to be hosted on the pc running uTorrent

• 1 month later...

Glad your finding my work useful :)

...and as for Uploading.com i agree it sucks, i have moved the ihud link to the top but i will leave it there as a mirror.

At some point i will write a new version of the Flash interface but at the moment all my time is put into work :(

Has anyone here had any luck with FlashUI and Stunnel?

When I tried, I got a message that the Flash connection had been lost, and to click to try again.

The Utorrent screen comes up but there are no torrent's shown and the labels on the right hand

side, All, Downloading, Completed etc all show inactive.

IF i remember it correctly, the log reports something along the lines of :

[17:36:24] HTTP: IP XX.XX.XX.XX: GET /gui/?list=?&cid=?

Any and all help appreciated

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I've installed everything well, since FlashUI woks fine in Firefox, but I can't make it work in IE6 with latest Flash installed. The page doesn't load or an errormessage appears stating "The requested page was removed..." or something. And this using the same URL as in FF (wich was closed).

What do I do wrong?

Greez

• 1 month later...

Archived