Utorrent and Hamachi

lynx

An idea, which would be probably's the coolest, funkieest, most amazing thing to have today is this.....

Create a VPN client like Hamachi. With a virtual Networl card and the VPN possiblillities of Hamachi. Easy to create VPN...

Downside of Hamachi..... you have to use their servers, so you're always depending on others....

Here's the idea...

Create a tool similar to Hamachi, but instead of using servers to connect to each other, use Utorrents Knowhow, use DHT style trackers.

Then when you want someone to join your VPN, just send them the .Torrent created by the program and tell them the login passwords.

This way we can create VPN networks. Huge VPN networks over the internet.

Can you imagine a private network LAN over WAN where hundreds, thousends roam in one VPN envirement, powered by uTorrent !

Just an brilliant idea...

If you read what i wrote, you'll see that the point is:

That with uTorrent techniques you can create a complete Lan via Wan like Hamachi, but with the addition that there are no server needed. So, you're not depending on others to have this kins of network. If you fail to see the use in an application like that, then why even write "what's the point".

Like i said before, it's just an idea. A very good one. All in the eye of the beholder.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been using the Hamachi, it is not good for torrent I think...

My provider starts with P2P restrictions last year..then the torrent speed fall down to only 10-15KB/s

I found VPN solution at http://unblockvpn.com for P2P torrents.

They provide a public IP and I am Active. Download spead is about 300-500KB/s now and everythink what I am doing on the internet is hidden.

• 2 years later...
I have been using the Hamachi, it is not good for torrent I think...

I just downloaded Hamachi. I was looking for a VPN I could use for downloads via BitTorrent. I have already tried a Japanese VPN Client ( PacketiX) in order to to use it with U Torrents.

Usually U Torrents works very well by itself, but as soon as I connect to the VPN , the downloads stop. Any idea why?

Now I have downloaded Hamachi, to see if it is a viable alternative to PacketiX , but I can't understand what it is and how it worksI .Is it something on the same line as PacketiX VPN ?

Can anybody walk me through? Klopriva said it doesn't work with Torrent, but I'd like to try it .

Thank you

Ittiandro

Archived